Can't concentrate any more... vent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2007, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You'd think that since I've done this so many times I'd just go with the flow. But I am finding myself with lots to do (doing web work, tomorrow is pay the bills day, got to go to the feed store tomorrow, etc) and I can't concentrate on ANYTHING. Can't focus on crocheting another soaker. Can't concentrate on a movie or a book... I'm getting frustrated with having to reclean everything (the kids are trying to help, but the younger ones are really only good at making messes, not cleaning them up!)... hubby came home to start his baby vacation sick... he's been spending every day on the sofa expecting to be waited on. And so much for any last minute sex to get things going, since he's ill! : Granted, I know he really is sick... he's been putting in 14 hour days at work, and he is exhausted. I really do understand he needs to get better as quickly as possible, but dang! Baby is due now! So, anyway, here I sit. Still pregnant. Contractions every so often, but not consistent enough to do anything. No bloody show. Can't reach my cervix to find out if anything is going on (short arm syndrome!). I am just losing my mind. Baby is so low I feel I'm carrying a bowling ball between my knees.

Okay, if you're still reading, bravo! This turned into a whine fest for myself, and I'm sorry. : I'm just really ready to meet this little one, and I'm feeling sorry for myself. I know baby will come when s/he chooses... I just really want it to choose now! It would be nice to have one smaller than my last one... he had minor shoulder dystocia at birth and had some complications because of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2007, 07:09 PM

hang in there mama, you can make it! Sorry your DH is sick... that must make it really hard to be so pregnant and having to do everything yourself to give him a break and get well. Sending your Dh get well vibes, and sending you labor vibes!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Old 01-30-2007, 08:16 PM

I'm with you on getting a little frustrated. My dh is having trouble at work- the company is being sold and he got a "maybe" letter. In other words, "maybe we'll take you to the new company and then again, maybe you should be looking for somethign else..." bah So he's all stressed about that and I"m stressed about the 3yo and the baby on the way. UGH
Old 02-01-2007, 12:15 PM

I'll join in the whine. Frustrated is my mood right now. I've had the same darn prelabor stuff without a bloody show, without consistent contractions, without any progress. My MWs started me on blue and black cohosh and nipple stimulation and it has done absolutely nothing. DH works the same 14+ hour days, so he's not in the mood for assisting me at all. And I've started having the weirdest people call me to see if I've given birth. I'm very grumpy right now. :

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.

User Tag List