Feeling down - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am really battling "baby blues" this time. I don't think it's particularly bad like true depression, but I am still having lots of teary moments. I guess it's probably normal since dd2 is not quite 2 weeks yet, but it still sucks! My mom leaves tomorrow, which is just going to be hard for all of us since she has taken such good care of us. dd1 has an awful cold that is just making this transition time with a new sibling so much more difficult- plus she's waking up at night hysterical because her nose is running. I've gotten a couple of herbs recomended in the book "After the Baby's Birth," but it's hard to know how much they are helping.

Just needing to vent a little, I suppose. I remember feeling like this with dd1 as well and it did pass. I figured things out as I needed to. I'm trying to take things one day- or even moment- at time, but sometimes it comes too fast
#2 of 8 Old 02-02-2007, 10:59 AM

Wendy, I know *exactly* how you are feeling. My DS2 was will be two weeks on this coming Monday, and I cry every day. Dealing with 3.5 yo DS1 has been so hard, and we are all battling our grouchy sides every day.

I think that what helps the most is visits from friends and connecting with others (even like this, on the internet!). It has been hard for us b/c it is so cold here! My best friend here (and neighbor) can't come over b/c *she* just had a baby on the 24th. So, she is just down the street, but neither of us can visit yet!

It's also just hard being home so much. I vacillate b/t being grateful for the time to rest to being super restless and ready for activities, plus I am way too scared to take baby Peter out of the house, especially in the car!!

I am going to reach out to more friends today for comfort. Normally, I am extremely private, never revealing true feelings. I think it is time for me to be more open.

I am here for you, and I know the other moms here are, too, so let's just keeping talking.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#3 of 8 Old 02-02-2007, 11:22 AM

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. Baby blues are so hard. There's just something about the timbre of the emotions that makes you feel crazy and out of control of your Self, in a way that you don't get with other down moments in your life.

Those last few days of the second week were really rough for me this time, worse than the earlier days postpartum. Once I hit 2 weeks it seemed to improve quickly. I hope it does for you, too.

be gentle with yourself, mama.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#4 of 8 Old 02-02-2007, 03:15 PM

I'm just starting to feel more hopeful and better. It has been almost 5 weeks.
You are not alone and it does get better.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#5 of 8 Old 02-02-2007, 04:03 PM

I'm sorry you've been feeling this way. I've been having a hard time, too. It just started getting better yesterday (at 3 weeks). Lots of love to you!!!
#6 of 8 Old 02-02-2007, 05:09 PM

It's hard mama... I'm right there with you. The baby blues have been much harder for me this time. The things that have helped the most for me are Rescue Remedy, making sure I shower daily and get dressed in real clothes, trying to sleep whenever I can (which is getting awfully challenging now that my helpers have gone), and connecting with people (especially mom friends with more than one child who have BTDT). Hope you feel better soon!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#7 of 8 Old 02-03-2007, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas. My mom just left for the airport, and I knew it would be tough today. DD1 just fell asleep on the couch as we were getting ready to go to the grocery store. She's been feeling so lousy for 4 days now, that I don't have the heart to wake her up. But of course, I'm feeling very off balance because it messed up my plan for the morning- having something to take my mind off my mom leaving.

DH is home and is wonderful. I keep reminding myself to breathe in and breathe out and quit trying to handle everything at once. It helps to here everyone else's experiences with this, too.
#8 of 8 Old 02-03-2007, 12:38 PM

Get yourself a little treat at the grocery store if you can -- a candle or a CD or something.

I am so excited b/c we are going to a real restaurant today!!! I haven't left the house yet, and of course, neither has Baby.

You know what else would help? Being able to wear *regular* pants. It is definitely going to be a while for me. And I wish the bras I ordered would get here -- having some shaping would help me not feel like such a gargantuan.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page