oh one more thing i read about... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-05-2007, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone else heard the buzz on tea tree oil and lavender oil?? These are 2 things that I use quite a bit of for myself as well as Amelia and my mum had read and heard on tv that a recent study had linked both with increased breast growth in baby boys due to high levels of phyto-estrogens....i was surprised. Although it obviously is not an all conclusive study it still made me wonder if I should stop using these things in my baby solutions. I use tea tree oil in my diaper laundry and sometimes a few drops in my wipe solution and I have been putting a little sachet of lavender and calendula in her bath water and not using soap as her skin is so dry - also my mother earth baby oil has lavender oil too....

what have you ladies heard?

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#2 of 4 Old 02-05-2007, 04:03 PM

I wouldn't worry about it--both have been used for nearly forever. I'd be more concerned about hormone and antibiotic laden meats and dairy.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#3 of 4 Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

that was my initial thought...

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#4 of 4 Old 02-06-2007, 01:54 AM

Not in your DDC, but the study stated that the breast growth was in pre-pubescent and pubescent boys, not infants.
I would not worry about it. I would worry more about hormones in foods etc than TTO....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page