Who is absolutely not showing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 07-07-2006, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know we're pretty early but I have been reading about mamas in the DDC showing already. I'm on my 3rd baby and while I don't expect to be showing yet, I am wanting some confirmation that there are others out there not showing yet either.

I have been up peeing every night around 2AM and this morning I just wanted to stay in bed. By the time I did get up, I noticed my uterus pretty prominently.

It was a good feeling.
#2 of 22 Old 07-07-2006, 11:30 PM

I am not showing at all. Due to drastically changing my diet I have lost almost 10 lbs this pregnancy my clothes are actually fitting looser! This is baby EIGHT for me. My last pregnancy I didn't even realize I was pg until about my 4th or 5th month. (to be fair I was nursing and never got AF so it wasn't because I was in la la land)

Kasey
#3 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 12:29 AM

I don't think I am showing, but I have a tiny bump...NONE of my clothes are fitting right now except one pair of low rise capris & some overall shorts. By the time I go back to school, I know I will be in maternity clothes. I have gained one half pound to 1 pound (depending on the time of my weighing).
This is my third pregnancy also, but second child.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#4 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 12:36 AM

This is my second, and I'm not really showing. I feel like my body has changed shape, though. Can't wait till I do!! I love having a belly. I think that is what makes the first trimester hard. I get all the yucky stuff like fatigue and m/s but none of the fun stuff.
#5 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 02:40 AM

Not showing here either! I still have a belly from my last 3 births though but I don't think it is that. I just started feeling today like I can't lay flat on my belly. I have only been eating to stay alive though! I have had some serious food aversions!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#6 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 02:43 AM

I put on 7lbs because I've been eating like a horse and my pants are all tight, but that really, really doesn't qualify as showing. Last time I checked my uterus isn't in my booty.
#7 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 02:46 AM

I'm not, but due to m/s I've lost a few pounds.
#8 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendora
Last time I checked my uterus isn't in my booty.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#9 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 08:13 AM

Not showing yet. Second pregnancy here, but I got pregnant two weeks pp, so my body never really stopped being pregnant. I'm looking forward to it though. I loved being pregnant last time, and was just starting to look pregnant when I had DD at 30wks. Hopefully I get to be *really* big this time!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#10 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Last time I checked my uterus isn't in my booty.
Hahahahhah!! Too funny!

I'm not really showing either, other than I can't suck in my pooch anymore, which I could in the past. But nobody can seem to tell. This is my first. I'm at 10w6days.

When do people with average stomach firmnes USUALLY start to show ie ABOVE the belly button, starting to protrude?

Mom to 1 : (Mar/08), due with #2 : end of Sept.
#11 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 10:45 AM

Your fundus (top of your uterus) usually reaches your belly button around 20 weeks. That is also when the measurement from your pubic bone to your fundus in cm should start corresponding to how many weeks you are. You might start to feel movement before then and maybe even show a little. Around 20 weeks is my favorite part of pregnancy.
#12 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 12:49 PM

Oh man, so I have to wait 9 more weeks?!? Wahh!!! Haha. I want to look at cute and showing NOW! Thanks for the info!

Mom to 1 : (Mar/08), due with #2 : end of Sept.
#13 of 22 Old 07-08-2006, 01:31 PM

20 wks is my fav too.

I'm already fat so not really "showing" yet, LOL. I have also lost some weight and am still in my regular clothes. Maternity shirts are more comfy than my regular shirts but my pants and shorts all fit fine.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#14 of 22 Old 07-10-2006, 11:05 AM

Not showing here either and my clothes still fit fine, I just prefer the ones that don't sit tight on my belly. This is my second and I honestly thought I'd be showing sooner. I think I was around 16 weeks when I really started showing with dd, but she was a big baby from the get go and I always measured big with her.
#15 of 22 Old 07-10-2006, 11:25 AM

Not showing either but I am only 9 weeks, In the morning I have a little bump b/c my bladder is so full there is no room for my uterus in there. I can't wait for 20 weeks either, I am always feeling my uterus to see if it is bigger, somedays it is firmer than others.
#16 of 22 Old 07-10-2006, 11:48 AM

Well somedays I don't show at all, then some days I have such bad gas I look like I'm four months pregnant LOL.

For the most part though I'm still in my regular cloths.
#17 of 22 Old 07-10-2006, 02:54 PM

This is my first pregnancy and I'm not showing at all yet (9w5d). I have a bit of "bump", but that is from the pizza, not the baby! Below my stomach is still flat, flat, flat.

Can't wait for that baby bump too!

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#18 of 22 Old 07-10-2006, 07:46 PM

This is my first pregnancy. I started showing at about 5 weeks. I am at my proper body weight, so it was not hard to tell a difference when my lower stomach started to bulge.....
#19 of 22 Old 07-11-2006, 02:08 PM

I'm not showing, I am 7 weeks and 4 days.... I am just hoping to show earlier than with my first baby this time

Homeschooling SAHM to 3 children under 5 + one on the way.
#20 of 22 Old 07-11-2006, 05:24 PM

I just look fatter than usual (even though I lost 30 pounds after my last pregancy, and am almost back to my pre pg weight of DD#1). However, with this being my 4th, I suppose I don't have much left to hold everything in very tightly. Give me a few more weeks. I usually stop looking fat, and start looking pg around 16 weeks.
#21 of 22 Old 07-11-2006, 10:05 PM

I am in my 7th week of pregnancy and this is my first pregnancy. I had tight abs pre-pregnancy and now my belly is starting to pooch out enough that I can't suck it in. You definitely can't tell that I'm pregnant, but I feel pregnant and my jeans are getting a bit snug around the abdominal area.

I can't WAIT to start showing!! We waited so long to finally become pregnant!! I'm hoping since I'm so small (5'5'' 110lbs) and have such a small torso (I'm all legs) I might start showing pretty early on
#22 of 22 Old 07-11-2006, 10:24 PM

I'm not showing yet, but I can feel a little grapefruit size bump really low if I lay flat on my back. My regular clothes are still fitting fine, though at times I do have some bloating that makes them fit more snug than usual. I'm almost 12 wks.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page