Mothering Forum banner

Phlegm and yucky? Anyone?

821 views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  yonit 
#1 ·
hi, these past few days i started having phlegm in my throat, but i don't think i have a cold. when i have phlegm in my throat i try to cough it out and then i feel all pukey and gross (really sorry for TMI).

so far been nauseous ocassionally but haven't been as bad as actually puking it out, but when there's phlegm, oh it feels gross!

is anyone else experiencing this? please share!
:

See less See more
#4 ·
i read that as your mucus production kicks in "down there" it also does in other places of your body, like your nose causing yucky nasal drippage. this is why it's really common for pg women to have runny noses. i've had one the whole pregnancy so far just like i did with ds
:

#5 ·
Me too! I also have been having trouble breathing through my nose while sleeping. I have thought about getting those breathe right strips. Anyone know if those work? My dh said I should just put a piece of tape on my nose and it would be the same thing

#6 ·
I've had nasal stuffiness/allergies for a few weeks now too. It seems the worst at night.

My dh has used the breathe right strips, and they worked for him. They have a little spring in them that helps open your nostrils once you stick it on. I tried them last spring when I had a bad sinus infection, and they didn't help me. A lot of times my stuffiness is farther up than those would help.

#7 ·
This just started for me too! I walk up with a stuffy nose every morning and some times a sore throat (I assume from sleeping with my mouth open). It goes away somewhat as the day progresses.

I hate feeling like I'm getting sick!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelygia
i sneeze ALOT and i don't have allergies!

Oh yes, the sneezing is driving me nuts. I do usually have a couple weeks of allergies when certain things bloom in the spring, but I don't ever recall having allergy sneezing in the summer.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hopesoon
hi, these past few days i started having phlegm in my throat, but i don't think i have a cold. when i have phlegm in my throat i try to cough it out and then i feel all pukey and gross (really sorry for TMI).

so far been nauseous ocassionally but haven't been as bad as actually puking it out, but when there's phlegm, oh it feels gross!

is anyone else experiencing this? please share!
:
I'm not in your due date club - actually I'm not in any due date club right now - but I wanted to tell you that this happens to me EVERY time I'm pregnant. The phlegm gets all massive and stuck in my throat and then I throw-up because the feeling makes me sick and I'm trying to get the gunk out. I don't really have any good suggestions for you, but I wanted to let you know, I'm right there with ya (when I'm pg!)

#14 ·
Is anyone getting sinus headaches?

I'm stuffy and now have a 24/7 headache right above my eyes. It's driving me crazy!!

Websites have said it could be an infection, but I feel totally fine otherwise. I don't want to take too much Tylonyol and putting a cold washrag on my face helped last night. Any other suggestions?

#16 ·
This is a common problem in pregnancy. If it is really bothering you, a neti pot is a great natural way to solve the problem and is perfectly safe in pregnancy.

Neti pots are also great for preventing sinus infections, treating allergies - any sort of nasal problem (and the phlegm in your throat is probably nasal based).

They are actually becoming fairly mainstream. I even saw them in my grocery store yesterday. But most natural food stores will have them I am sure.

A google search will get you lots of info on what they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.