low placenta? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-15-2006, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas.....
I'm not a frequent poster....but I love this group as I read all the threads daily.... it's great support. I just got an ultrasound yesterday....baby looks great....feisty and its gender awaits in a sealed envelope in my car if I can't take the suspense. My concern is that I have placenta previa. I have lots of scar tissue in my lower stomach and think that why it has adhesed right over my cervix. I've been told I can't work by my mf and im devestated as I just started a job that I really love and.....no sex:
Anyway...I'm just bummed about it and feel like expressing. Anyone else going through this? :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2006, 01:43 PM

I haven't and maybe won't have an ultrasound with this pregnancy, so I can't exactly relate, but considering that you can only be between 18-20 weeks along if you're due in feb, its still pretty early to be thinking placenta previa or anything scary like that. It still has plenty of time to move up with your growing uterus. Keep the faith.

Mom of three spunktastic kiddos, supported by super-partner while dabbling in midwifery and organic farming. Biting off more than I can chew since '03.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:27 PM

I am sorry that this is a possibility...dumb question here, but what is a mf?:

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:01 PM

I agree with the pp; the placenta could very well move up with your uterus and not be a problem at all. Sorry about all the restrictions for now.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:18 PM

I had a low placenta earlier this pregnancy. My OB was concerned about it, and I was not allowed to lift anything or have sex for a couple months. BUT at my ultrasound last week, my placenta had moved to a completely normal location. I know it's challenging, but try to be optimistic!
Old 09-15-2006, 06:04 PM

I have also heard a lot of times the placenta will move up as your uterus grows... so hopefully that will be the case with yours!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure where my brain was...... probably stuck in my placenta, but what I meant to say was MW not MF. xoxo
Old 09-16-2006, 12:01 PM

Not from this group, but still wanted to chime in.

I had a low lying placenta with my last pregnancy. My doctor didn't put me on any restrictions, but did advise that if there was bleeding to go to the ER. It moved away before giving birth. I would say patiently wait, it still can move!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:57 PM

Yep, my placenta was low last pregnancy and it moved at about 36 weeks -- it moved so far that the u/s tech for that ultrasound thought the dr was crazy to even be checking it (apparently she wrote a slightly snarky comment that the dr laughed at). So follow your dr's orders and hope and pray for the best. It is stressful, though, becuase its sort of out of your control and may mean your birth choices are also out of your control, KWIM? But try not to worry -- we're only half way through and things are still growing and shifting.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)

User Tag List