Lets do updates! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everybody -- Lets do some updates -- Here are some questions to get us started.

1) What week are you in?
2) How are you doing?
3) How are you staying active and stretched out?
4) What else is happening in your life and work?
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week?
6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared?
7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week?
8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this week?

Mama to Charlotte (2/14/07) and Julian (11/27/10) both born at home.
#2 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

1) What week are you in? Week 31 started yesterday.
2) How are you doing? Pretty good. My hips are sore at night, and I am not sleeping as much, but overall, I am still feeling pretty decent.
3) How are you staying active and stretched out? I got a balance ball and have been using it for sitting at my desk and rotating my pelvis. Also have been ding Yoga once or twice a week. DH learned how to "Sift" me, which has been great to do before bed.
4) What else is happening in your life and work? We went on Vacation last week to Sanibel Island Florida, which was great. My mom is throwing a shower this Sunday for me. Work is totally suffering...
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? I am ordering my home birth kit, beginning to assemble supplies, and looking into pediatricians.
6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared? He is taking a class with me. Will read Th Birth partner soon.
7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this past week? I booked myself a chiropractor appointment (first ever) so I can get some hip relief, and I am getting a hair cut.
8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this past week? My husband has been cooking me dinner every night and has been so sweet in helping me with things around the house.

What else should I add....
Saw my backup OB yesterday and she was great and supportive of my plans. I see my midwives today for my 31 week appt.
Bad news is that we found out our insurance will not cover the homebirth, but we are going to fight it!

Mama to Charlotte (2/14/07) and Julian (11/27/10) both born at home.
#3 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 AM

1) What week are you in?
Week 32 starts today! (I can't beleive it)
2) How are you doing?
I have to admit, so far pregnancy is my favorite thing I've ever experienced. I feel like it's a blessing everyday. My legs have been a little uncomfortable & achy at night and starting yesterday my stomach and breasts have been a bit itchy, but no big deal.
I haven't been too active. I have alot of physical restrictions right now due to placenta previa (I know, I know...I could still stretch)
Starting Sept.1 we started a huge kitchen / living room remodel (I'm talking walls, floors, windows and everything in between) It's finally wrapping up...I just need trim work done in the kitchen & countertops...but starting 2 days ago It's at least fully functional and I can cook again (on plywood countertops mind you) !!
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week?Cleaning, organizing, visualizing, reading.....I'm also researching c-sections so that I can incorporate them into my birth plan in the way that I best viualize. A section may be necessary if my placenta does not get out of the way of my cervix.:
He's going nuts remodeling the house, works all day as a mason, comes home and works as a carpenter all night. He's reading some fathering books and finally starting to bond with the baby with some kisses and sweet talk to the tummy. He holds the baby every night as we fall to sleep while "spooning"
I've been a little idle for a while now so for the last 6 weeks I've been organizing to prepare and serve a big dinner at a homeless shelter with some dear friends of mine. It was Saturday pm...all organic and yummy comfort food. One of my friends performed...It was really great for everyone. i didn't expect to think of it as something nice I did for myself.... but it did feel really good.
My dear friend keeps popping by with all of this really great baby gear that we could never afford right now(her dc is 3 and has outgrown stuff). Yesterday she stopped by, told me I was beautiful & that she loves me and
gave DH & I this great baby backpack for serious hiking (dh's favorite hobby) Anyway, she always makes me feel great...Df's are key to me these days.
#4 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 AM

1) What week are you in?
Week 29

2) How are you doing?
Doing really well I think! Struggling to sleep because of restless leg stuff so am very tired but other than that (and the really ugly stretchmarks) I'm having a very pleasant pregnancy.

Doing preggie yoga once a week

Trying to hire some new staff at work. Building starts on our home today and wont end until Feb so thats going to be a pain in the butt but worth it in the end.

5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week?
We see our doula tomorrow evening and I'll borrow some books and test out the different sized birthing balls. This morning we paid our pre-booking fee at the birthing centre.

He is finishing some stuff in the nursery this weekend and other than that likes to talk to the little one and watch her moving around. He has also suddenly become interested in finding a name.

Organised to have tea and go shopping with a friend this weekend.

My sister and brother-in-law came over and took some beautiful photographs of DH and I
#5 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 01:20 PM

1) What week are you in? 32 tomorrow
2) How are you doing? great! no complaints. I had some bad hip pain at night but I started sleeping more or less sitting upright and that helped.
3) How are you staying active and stretched out? Yoga a couple times a week, lots of walks.
4) What else is happening in your life and work? Planning a post-holiday vaca to Miami (yay!) and generally just getting ready for holidays. Need to get serious about my freelance project so I'm not crazy with it after the baby comes.
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? Looking into pediatricians, want to buy a birth ball, deciding about another class.
6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared? just generally being supportive and helping with research (he's a DO), coming to classes, etc.
7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? naps
8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this week? we had friends visiting and it was nice to hear them say how great I looked
#6 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 02:09 PM

1) What week are you in? I just started week 29.
2) How are you doing? Eh, I'm surviving. This is my hardest pregnancy by far probably because I have a two year old whirlwind to contend with. I'm pretty exhausted by the end of the day.
3) How are you staying active and stretched out? See above answer about two year old whirlwind. That and my daycare kids and keeping my house clean is enough exercise for me.
4) What else is happening in your life and work? We're getting ready for Christmas, really enjoying picking out fun gifts for everyone we love. And dealing with a possible provider change late in the game.
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? I won't be doing much to prepare for the birth until January I think. I am mentally prepared, does that count??
6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared? He went online last week and took down a bunch of boys names for us to go over which was really cute to me. It has been a little harder for him this third time around so that meant a lot to me. Oh and he picked a winner!!
7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? I have been allowing myself to feel and be tired and done at the end of the night. Not killing myself over that last load of laundry, like usual. Curling up in bed with the kids on Saturday and watching kids Christmas programming all evening was nice.
8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this week? Hubby got home from work yesterday and cleaned both bathrooms for me which was a huge help! Also he takes care of dinner whenever he is off.
#7 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 02:18 PM

1) What week are you in?
I am 32w1d
2) How are you doing?
Having a lot of pain with SPD, sciatica and such.
I'm totally not.
Not a whole lot. DP is trying for a promotion to management since the manager of his team moved to another contract. That's about it.
I scheduled the home visit with my midwife for Wednesday the 27th.
He's not.

I'm pretty crabby. I don't get a lot of time enjoy being pregnant. Mostly I work, clean, cook, put kids to bed and go to sleep.
#8 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 PM

1) What week are you in?
30 weeks
2) How are you doing?
I tell people I'm still "pleasantly Pregnant". I am enjoying my big round belly and really can't complain about anything else.

I do water aerobics twice a week and yoga on Saturdays

We're changing our plans of a hb to a hospital that has a pedway to the children's hospital. DD has kidney issues that seem to be worsening and we feel it's wise to be near the NICU just in case. I'm dealing with that, it was really heart-breaking. I'm doula shopping right now. Work for DH sucks and he's looking for another job. Work for me is okay, but stressful bc my manager is leaving in several weeks and they're not replacing her, leaving me and a few other girls to pick up the slack. Oh well, at least I'll only be here about another 10 weeks.

I had my last visit with my mw yesterday. That was positive. Other than that, our next appt is next week to meet with another perinatologist who's know to be a "cowboy" and a lot more liberal in labor and delivery. We're also writing our birthplan.

We just finished up birth classes. We've been preparing the baby's room. He loves to feel her moving around and talk to her.

Hmm... probably going to yoga.

A girl from work brought me in a big bag of baby clothes.
#9 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 02:42 PM

This is for you, DID. I wish it was easier for you.
Hey Phillychicita, so instead of saying you've been frosted, you can say you've been sifted.

1) What week are you in?
29 weeks
2) How are you doing? Pretty good, I think. I have a little pelvic pain, but moving and stretching the groin area seem to help out. Plus lots of breaks. My hypoglycemia is a bit of a drag. I'm in a perpetual state of starvation.
3) How are you staying active and stretched out? I just am so focused on what I want done before two beelers take over my life that I'm on the go all day long-between breaks of course I have been following spinningbabies advice. Baby A is posterior vertex and I want him to turn for sure!
4) What else is happening in your life and work? I've shut down my biz almost completely. A few retail order strickle in and I take them to pay for the chiro. Right now it's a mad dash to finish our remodeling projects because I may get pooped out sooner than you singleton ladies.
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? We registered at the preemie and the regular hospitals. I'm doing my Hypnobabies as much as I can (VERY time-consuming) I promised myself I'd release my baby registry list to everyone this week.
6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared? He finally picked up a Dr. Sears book, which is a start. He also sat down with me to learn why I have what I have on the birth plan. (And I finally trained him to not think epidural at every turn : )
7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? Chiro. Hired an electrician and plumber for some projects that just haven't gotton done by us DIY'ers yet.
My girlfriend is coming later this week to help paint some more.
#10 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 02:44 PM

1) What week are you in?
32! wow.
2) How are you doing?
I'm feeling pretty good overall but I'm definitely starting to get irritable and overly emotional.
I'm visiting the campus pool a couple of times a week and either actually exercising or just stretching, depending on how tired I am.
We're getting ready for holiday guests that we actually are excited about seeing! I'm working on getting my two big projects at work to a hand-off-able point and getting all my documentation done so my backups know what to do while I'm out on leave.
Still reading bradley books and the birth partner with my wonderfully supportive partner who has done most of the research, gathering of good literature, setting up appointments with doulas and pretty much all of the birth prep stuff. We'll probably meet with our doula again this week, too. Oh, and maybe we'll preregister at the hospital and get a lovely tour of the newly opened fancy-pants maternity wing.
Umm, doing absolutely everything! She's the best!
Took the rest of yesterday off after our prenatal to see a movie and play with dp.
dp totally coddled me over the weekend while I was completely losing my grip , emotionally speaking.
#11 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 02:57 PM

1) What week are you in?
I'm 32 weeks and 3 days.
2) How are you doing?
cranky.
i'm on bedrest...so walking to the bathroom is about as active as i get.
just laying here... the lady that was coming during the day to help with ds & i quit.
we packed the hospital bag.
actually, he packed the hospital bag and i yelled instructions from the bed.
hmmm....
dh has done too many nice things to list.
#12 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 03:06 PM

1) What week are you in? I'll be 32 wks tomorrow.

2) How are you doing? I really don't like being pregnant and I can't wait until baby is here.
3) How are you staying active and stretched out? I'm not

4) What else is happening in your life and work? Just everyday life of homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids, changing diapers, life with teenagers and toddlers

5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? We're having a homebirth and I really haven't done anything to prepare yet. Baby has diapers and clothes and I ordered my herbs for after birth bath.

6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared? Nothing

7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? Yesterday was my birthday so I went to see The Nativity Story with no kids.

8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this week? Well, again with my birthday, LOL. My husband and friends had a birthday dinner/party for me. I was resistant to say the least but it turned out well.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#13 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 03:22 PM

1) What week are you in?
31 weeks - yikes!

2) How are you doing?
I've been sick all week. Otherwise, all is well. We're a little stressed right now from job decisions.

I'm starting to try and stretch more while playing with my son (I get to be the catcher when we play baseball - good for doing squats)

I just got offered a really nice faculty position. We are trying to decide whether or not to take it and move or stay here (where my dh has a faculty position). Not an easy decision.

I'm trying to schedule a meeting with our doula, so my dh can meet her and we can go over my birth plan.

He's not. He's a great help to me though (except for now - he's out of town this week).

7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? I ordered tiramisu with my pizza.

My son let me sleep in until 8 this morning.
#14 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 03:27 PM

1) What week are you in? working on the 32nd week!
2) How are you doing? completely and utterly POOPED!!
3) How are you staying active and stretched out? Um...well...just day to day like is wearing me out at the current moment! LOL! I try to get in a quick walk every now and again.
4) What else is happening in your life and work? We're settling in with my parents...though still trying to find us our own place for after the baby comes. I'm trying not to stress TOO much over it...but it's hard.
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? writing my birth plan
6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared? he's just waiting for the word 'go'
7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? ???
8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this week? a beautiful fellow MDC mama sent us the bassinet we had been longing for - I haven't stopped crying!! THANK YOU, MAMA!!!!
#15 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 03:30 PM

1) What week are you in? 32
2) How are you doing? meh.. body is kinda starting to SLOW DOWN... things are getting harder..
3) How are you staying active and stretched out? I'm not really... I have taken some short walks with my son, but that leaves me exhaused
4) What else is happening in your life and work? I am trying to figure out our finances to see how long DH can stay home with me after the twins are born. It's sooo stressful. We bought house and found out we were pregnant during the "closing". We have managed ot get ourselves into a bit of debt (around 7,000!) and our income is being slashed! AHHH! Thank god we have supportive families and I live ina country with paid mat. time and great govt. subsidies (ie. Canada).

Dh got to pick his Vacation time for next year and he took the last week in Jan and the first two weeks in Feb so that really really helps. I will share the parental leave with him, so he can take hopefully another month and a half or two months off, and I will have 10 months off total after the birth(paid anyways, who knows if I will go back to work after that). Things will be tight, but manageable. I am glad I have finally crunched the numbers so we know what IS possible.
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? Eating, eating, drinking water, eating... I am trying to decide if I should buy a birthing pool. Obviously we can't afford it (even a $45 one) but that was the whole point of the UC homebirth so I guess we will just add it to the CC debt, kwim?
He is signing us up for infant cpr classes this week- something we ment to do with DS one but never did!
lots of relaxing bubble baths!
my Dh taking more than his share of "crazy bryce time" so I can have lots of relaxing bubble baths and whatnot
#16 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 03:49 PM

I LOVE doing these sort of updates, and love reading them as well

1) What week are you in? 31wk2

2) How are you doing? Pretty good acutally, a little bit of heartburn, but other then that, I *feel* good.

3) How are you staying active and stretched out? I chase a pre schooler and toddler all day long, and have been doing alot of SHOPPING and decorating for the Holiday, does this count as activity

4) What else is happening in your life and work? Not too much really.

5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? This week, I am going too start shopping for coming home outfit, and pre pare babies bag.. Next week i will pack my bag.

7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? NOTHING, too busy taking care of others, I need too get a bit of me time sometime soon. I really want a hair cut * very badly *

#17 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 04:01 PM

1) What week are you in?
31w 1day
2) How are you doing?
a little sore
physical therapy
no work, still on partial bedrest and my dd just turned 1.
nothing really
trying to get some extra cash, just in case
got some extra sleep. hehe
let me get some extra sleep. hehe

Jarrod & Nataleigh Est. 2004
DD Jayde 2005
DS William 2007
DD Lilleigh 2008
DS Edward 2010
DS Mikah 2012
Due July 2013
#18 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 PM

1) What week are you in?
I am 32 weeks and 1 day

2) How are you doing?
Overall, very well. I do have a slight cold right now & have some gall bladder pain, but besides that this is a great pregnancy.

I walk to pick up my son from Kindergarten (1 mile) and will start a pg yoga dvd this week.

Well, having 3 jobs has taken a toll on me. I will work up to my due date with my primary job (teaching part time) and the same for my church nursery job. My doula/breastfeeding education is currently on maternity leave.

We are having a homebirth & I ordered my birth kit yesterday from inhishands.com. I can't wait to receive it. I am also going through the gender neutral clothes we saved from our firstborn & washing them.

He reads some books when I ask him too (& point out the areas I want read). Other than that, he is fine.

My son & I are having a pajama day on Saturday. We don't do anything much, but hang out at the house in our pj's.

I received a jar of turkey joints (candy) from my Aunt in NY. They are super yummy!!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#19 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 05:06 PM

1) What week are you in?
29 weeks!

2) How are you doing?
so fricken ready for this semester to be over, only one more exam. school has made this pregnancy fly by.

love sitting on my birth ball. i also tote ds and laundry up and down all our stairs several times a week so i'm getting plenty of exercise.

last statistics class ever tomorrow

nada. had my last mw appt. til after the holidays yesterday and got my rhogam shot and a copy of my records to have while we travel.

eventually he will have to read all the circ articles i've printed out for him. he can't ignore the issue forever...

ate some Oreos

ds slept in til 830 yesterday!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#20 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 05:55 PM

1) What week are you in? 32 weeks tomorrow

2) How are you doing? Pretty well. I have sciatica in my left leg. It's pretty bad in the middle of the night (when I get up to pee), but lessens by morning and throughout the day. I also don't really sleep more than 2 hours at a time without waking. I guess it's just practice for when the baby arrives.

I would like to do pre-natal yoga, but the days haven't worked out for me yet. I try to walk alot and just get exercise cleaning or doing normal activities throughout the day. I always stretch my back in the mornings.

Work is going well although I'm much less focused these days! My life feels over scheduled and like I really want to slow down.

What aren't we doing? We met all the midwives in our practice last night and then took a tour of the birth center. Tonight we have our 6th class in the 7 week series on holistic birth preparations. Saturday is our breastfeeding class.
We are getting "classed" out. I don't want to talk about this baby anymore, I just want to do it! We're also meeting our doula this weekend for the first time to discuss our birth preferences.

Going to all the classes, God love him.

7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? Bought fluff for the babe, not technically for me but oh do I love cloth diapers.

After we saw the birth center, I got really scared about birthing in the hospital. It felt very clausterphobic to me (there were 14 other people in the room). My DH sweetly asked me if I wanted to switch to HB. I said no, but just him asking melted my heart. Of course, when he heard how much we would pay out of pocket for the HB versus the hospital he recinded the offer I told him save up for the next birth.

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#21 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 07:55 PM

1) What week are you in?
33 weeks! wow!

2) How are you doing?
i think it has been a pretty "easy" pregnancy. though at the moment i keep asking babe to PLEASE get the feet out of my ribs. oh please!

i still workout five days a week (usually three days of weights, two cardio). today i did an hour of step. it wasn't pretty and it actually took me 90 minutes to finish the Cathe dvd, but i did it!

i work for a billion dollar company and i will five weeks short of qualifying for FMLA. so i have a choice - no maternity leave or get fired

i just ordered a whole bunch of baby hangers (i hate putting things in drawers) and my sister-in-law gave me a full suitcase of clothes. so that means this weekend i will be organizing little clothes!

DH has taken more sick days this pregnancy than me! he just supports my decisions and says that i am the mama bear (which is good because i just came home one day and told me were having a homebirth and a midwife. and we both come from fairly mainstream families so it was a bit of a shock, but he has always supported me.

go to sleep early in my oh so wonderful temperpedic knock off bed!

brought me dark chocolate!

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.
#22 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 08:10 PM

1) What week are you in?

30 wks on Thursday!

2) How are you doing?

Deeply grateful to still be pregnant, although it's exhausting being pregnant for 15 months straight.

Keeping our 8 month old from hurting herself/the dog/the Christmas tree since she's decided to try and be mobile.

Running my home business, school, we moved two weeks ago, trying to decorate at least a little bit, have to buy a few small presents...no wonder I'm tired!

I discussed my plans with my OB, since there's a really good change I could go any day from 36wks on, since my last shot will be at 35wks and they last 1 week. Trying to prepare as much as possible to possibly meet our son in just 6 weeks!!

Um, trying not to freak out about having 2 babies under a year old is a big enough hurdle for both of us.

Nuttin.

DH sent me an e-mail telling me how much he loves me and appreciates everything I do for our family. It totally made my day.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#23 of 32 Old 12-12-2006, 08:11 PM

1) What week are you in?
I will be 31 weeks tomorrow - EDD of 2/14

2) How are you doing?
Baby and I are both doing well for the most part. I have developed some Pubic Symphasis problems in the past month or so (well I had it before then, but not bad until now) and that has been giving me quite a bit of pain. But I figure it isn't really dangerous to the baby or I, so there are worse problems to have

Unfortunately, with the PSD issues there are times that I can just barely walk. This is my first pregnancy where I really have not been able to exercise regularly, but there doesn's seem to be much I can do about it.

Chanukah starts this Friday night and my birthday is next week. Beyond that the regular - work, school, running the house....

This week - Nothing I don't think. I got some homebirth supplies last week. I will start doing some birthing relaxations next week and also start being some herbs that I want to begin to take.

Quite honestly, we are "old hat" at this. While we are both very excited about the new baby, there really isn't a lot of "preparation" required.

My doula is also a massage therapist and she is giving me a massage tomorrow night. I absolutely can not wait!!

My doula is giving me a massage. LOL My DH also did a load of laundry so that was nice.

What else?? My girls are going to winter vacation camp this year. So they will be gone all day the week of 12/25-12/29. So I get a mini-vacation from homeschooling and some time to relax by myself!!

Then in January, we will start really preparing for the baby!! Let the countdown begin!
#24 of 32 Old 12-13-2006, 12:38 AM

1) What week are you in?

32w 3d

2) How are you doing?

I have really bad pubic symphysis issues and baby is all elbows and knees! Ugg!

Because of the pelvic, hip, and back issues I am not able to do a whole lot more than housework but I do stretch every night hoping it will help. I can barely stay in a squat so I guess I won't be delivering the baby in that postition this time either

Just trying to scrounge up some money for Christmas gifts for the kids, stamps for the cards, and gifts for the cousins. I can't get anything done because I don't have a running car still and dh works all the time!

All I have been doing is envisioning my birth so I can set up my room the way I want it to be.

Similar to what Yonit said, once you have a few it is just kind of normal to have babies!

Went with the fam and cut down a Xmas tree in the middle of the night. We are a little different from the average family!

Dh has been working on the 'burban as much as he can so I can have a car to drive.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#25 of 32 Old 12-13-2006, 06:38 AM

1) What week are you in?
29 weeks 4 days

2) How are you doing?
: i'm frustrated with having moved but not being totally unpacked yet, not finding a playgroup for ds, and many other things. i'm hoping that some of this will lift after the baby comes but as i was in tatters after ds, i'm thinking it will take another few months after that before i can really get out and do stuff.

running around after ds, up and down steps all day, i try to get out for a walk at least once a day. i'd love to do yoga but when i put on the dvd, ds cries.

ds is talking more and more, which is great but seems to have more and more trouble sleeping. i think he knows something is up. plus our kitty died in late november and we're still dealing with that.

nothing. thankfully i don't have to see the ob again til january. although i should get my december bloods done this week.

hanging out with ds more, i guess. he spent lots of time with him this past weekend so i could have some time on my side.

a good friend in paris offered to hang out with ds while i do some errands in the big smoke tomorrow.
#26 of 32 Old 12-13-2006, 08:16 AM

I haven't had time to read or post on here for ages so it's nice to catch up with what everyone is doing!

1) What week are you in? 31 weeks today

2) How are you doing? Starting to get very tierd. Chasing after two rascals all day and being up with dd umpteen times a night is taking it's toll now! But other than that this pregnancy has so far been my easiest (I'm really hoping I didn't just jinx myself...!)

3) How are you staying active and stretched out? Chasing after rascals mostly! I have a birth ball but my mum (who I am staying with) won't have it downstairs so I don't get to use it much.

4) What else is happening in your life and work? My ds had his nursery school play last week which was really really cute! He was dressed as a piece of holly and did a little song and dance.

5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? Um, not much. Trying to think of somewhere in the house I'd like to give birth.

6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared? I am a single mum so this isn't totally applicable! But my x is taking time off when the baby is born so he can get to know him or her.

7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? I treated myself to a big jar of tomato relish yesterday - huge craving satisfied! And I've been doing loads of internet window shopping for the baby - planning what I would buy if I could!

8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this week? Umm.. pass! Tho x is taking the kids next week for 4 days so I will have a night on my own for the first time since ds was born! I am looking forward to that (and feeling really really guilty for it!)

Ruth, mum to B (9), P (8) and T (5)

#27 of 32 Old 12-13-2006, 11:20 AM

1) What week are you in? 30 weeks

2) How are you doing? I'm very tired (dd hasn't been sleeping well since the move). Unfortunately when I'm tired I get very nauseous at night. DD and I are also very lonely. In Oregon I used to visit with my bf (whose 3 kids were also dd's bf's) at least once a week. I don't know anyone out here yet. There are a few women who are pregnant at dh's work. I'm excited to meet them at a staff party on Sunday.

3) How are you staying active and stretched out? I'm not.

4) What else is happening in your life and work? I'm still working on getting things unpacked, organized and cleaned. I think I might be able to finally catch up on laundry today.

5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week? I'm nagging dh to get involved with choosing a doula. He keeps putting it off but says that he wants to be involved in the decision. I have given him till the end of the week and then I will do it without him. I'm also meeting my new midwife today.

6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared? He talked to his boss about how much time he can take off. He should be able to stay home for 2 weeks (doing a little work from home) and then go back part time for 2 weeks. It's kind of a don't ask don't tell thing.

7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week? I've stopped beating myself up about not getting enough done each day. I try and take some time each day to relax and read. I also forced myself to leave the house yesterday and take dd to storytime at the library. It was a lot of work but was also really nice (we only have one car so I have to be up and ready to leave the house by 7 to get dh to work).

8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this week? My dh tells me each day to nap with dd even if it means I don't get as much done. Not sure this counts but ... DD has started tickling the baby. It's really cute!
#28 of 32 Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 PM

1) What week are you in?
30 tomorrow!
2) How are you doing?
Been having a lot of rib and hernia pain and trouble getting comfortable at night, but for the most part I feel I've been having a great pregnancy with no real problems, which I'm grateful for.
Water aerobics 2 nights/week, walks when it's warm enough, and right now I'm getting exercise pulling boxes out and packing, putting boxes in the car (light ones) and unpacking at the new house.
moving (obviously), our new house is 7 doors down and across the street from my parents' house, where I work in my mom's daycare. Everything is working out really well with that.
Nothing... I'm supposed to talk to the pain doctor about my "options" but I haven't yet.
Nothing really, except getting the baby furniture set up and making our house nice.
Hah.
My brother has been helping us move stuff, my dad offered us the use of his truck.
#29 of 32 Old 12-13-2006, 05:03 PM

1) What week are you in?
32w1d
2) How are you doing?
Last week I was carrying a basketball, but now baby has stretched out or dropped a teeny bit, which I'm thankful for because now I don't have to stop and pull up my pants every 5 minutes.
Other than walking 2 miles a day wrt to commute to work, not much!
We've been keeping busy with visiting friends and touring the city on the weekends.
Making & editing lists and hoping to get up the energy to go to the store to get birth supplies. I just called about a Medela pump, as a matter of fact.
Not at all....he's been a bit blasé (but not in a bad way).
Took baths and even had a nice afternoon nap on Sunday. Trying to make sure I get enough sleep every night. But I really wish someone would get me a maid.
My son brought home an apple from his school and said he wanted me to eat it so the baby would be healthy.
#30 of 32 Old 12-13-2006, 05:09 PM

1) What week are you in?-- 30
2) How are you doing?-- okay though I have wicked heartburn
3) How are you staying active and stretched out?-- chasing a toddler
4) What else is happening in your life and work?-- dd just turned 2!!!
5) What are you doing to prepare for the birth (at home, hospital or birth center) this week?-- we figured out who would be at the birth center with us (both of our mom's) that's about it.
6) How is your DP or DH getting prepared?-- sleeping, lol. poor guy is stressed so he's been sleeping really soundly.
7) What is the nicest thing you did for yourself this week?-- i bought some cookies at the grocery store (craving) even though we're broke.
8) What is the nicest thing someone else did for you this week?-- my mom will be watching dd friday night so dh and i can go to the christmas work party and have what will probably be our last date before this babe arrives.

Mama of three.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page