29-30 weeks pregnant, how much movement should I be feeling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-12-2006, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 29-30 weeks pregnant, how much movement should I be feeling? Not been feeling a whole lot and it makes me concerned.

Thanks,
~Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-12-2006, 09:51 PM

If you have never felt a lot, than it could just be that you have an anterior placenta (front lying) which is cushioning the movements and isn't really anything to worry about it.

If you are suddenly feeling a lot less, while normal towards the end, is definitely something you should call your care provider about now.

Finally, your personal lifestyle can play a part. If you are busy and active all day long, they generally seem to be less noticeable. Also the constant movement rocks the baby to sleep. For people like this, the baby may seem more active at night, when you have slowed down - thus stopped rocking the baby. But also because you have more time to focus on it.
#3 of 8 Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 PM

I am 3 days shy of 29 weeks and have had similar concerns almost from the get go. I tell you I felt nothing at all in there aside from heaviness and a slight swooshiness until week 23. Whereas others were saying that they felt their babies as early as 11 and 12 weeks. Not alot, but some. Others were feeling by 14-16. It made me crazy! Anyway....now I have found that if I am very, very still, I do feel him at night around 10 or so or in the middle of the night when I lie back down after visits to the toilet. My doc said pick the time I usually feel him the most and then make sure I count at least 10 kicks in a 2 hour period and to do this once a day. (The books I had been reading say 10 in an hour.) It usually does happen within the hour though. Sometimes it is in the morning hours instead.... but it does happen, much to my relief. Oh, but not until week 27 with regularity. So, it is fairly new for me. Luckily, my doc was able to do an extra ultrasound and show me just how much he actually does move. The baby never stopped during the whole thing and yet I NEVER felt it. Doc said maybe I just have a tough uterus. I dunno! Guess mine is just really mellow. Maybe that will be indicative of his personality! I hope, I hope!
#4 of 8 Old 12-13-2006, 01:05 AM

I'm not really sure, I think the book says 10 movements in a 2 hr period, but I could be wrong with this. I am really BAD at this, keeping track of baby movement.. I know my son has a SET time that I really feel him move, during morning and afternoon hrs he is very lazy, but I am soooooooooo busy.. I wake with the morning Thump, get maybe one or two movements that I feel during the day, but then again BUSY.. However w/out fail from 9-midnight he is CRAZY active, and I have anterior placenta, I think I am one of the lucky ones. This has not in anyway hindered his movements, I can STILL feel him w/out issue, and from 2am too 5am, he is CRAZY active. Not much sleep going on there. I think if my son strayed from this set activity, I would freak out, only cause he has been so consistent with the times, and his activity.

Not sure if there is anything too this, but my girls were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lazy, and there kicks and pucnhes felt more like lady like taps, where as my boys feel like they are playing football or something. I would call your mw or Ob and just ask them.

I know babies tend too like the combo M&M's and OJ..maybe try this and see what kind of dancing you get
#5 of 8 Old 12-13-2006, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonit View Post

Finally, your personal lifestyle can play a part. If you are busy and active all day long, they generally seem to be less noticeable. Also the constant movement rocks the baby to sleep. For people like this, the baby may seem more active at night, when you have slowed down - thus stopped rocking the baby. But also because you have more time to focus on it.
: this is so me

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#6 of 8 Old 12-13-2006, 06:13 PM

I add a yeah that to the yeah that. I just hate sitting still and I've got so many things I want to do.

I have and anterior placenta and feel one babe much less than the other. Sometimes I feel sorry for my hardworking placenta with all the kicks it must get.
#7 of 8 Old 12-13-2006, 06:19 PM

I am 30 weeks, just got back from the doctor and she wants 2 active times a day.
#8 of 8 Old 12-14-2006, 07:30 PM

I'm 31 weeks, and have noticed over the last few weeks that the baby is consistently in OA position, and I'm not feeling as much activity. I think it's partly just because the baby's movements are directed "in" rather than "out" so it has to be a stronger kick to register.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page