How do you take your tea? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 12-15-2006, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a recipe for a pregnancy tea that I'm technically supposed to drink several times/day. In all honesty I'm lucky to get one cup down. I also have some digestion tea from Earth Mama Angel Baby and some other pregnancy teas that are pre made. I really hate tea. It gives me heartburn and it just doesn't taste good to me no matter how badly I want to drink it. Do you add milk/sugar to your tea? I know it's good for me, much better than coffee, but I can't force myself to like it, yk? HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-15-2006, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I was trying to drink tea every day but usually couldn't be bothered to heat up the water.. let it steep.. and once I boiled water I was much more in the mood for hot chocolate anyway. So what I did was make a BIG batch, 1 tea bag for every 8 oz of water, and stick the whole pitcher in the fridge. Then I dont have a reason to put it off, and I think it tastes better cold anyway. I sweeten with maple syrup. Another thing I noticed was with hot tea I have to add a ton of syrup or honey or whatever for it to be acceptable, but cold I don't need as much sweetener to be happy with it.

dd (9) ds (7), ds (4) & ds (1)
#3 of 7 Old 12-15-2006, 11:19 PM

I'm no help, I LOVE my tea. My body really craves the bitter flavor of red raspberry and nettles steeped for a long time.

I thought you were going to ask how exactly to make the tea and that's why I read this so I have no suggestions on making it taste better.

#4 of 7 Old 12-16-2006, 06:32 PM

I use RR leaf tea & add alittle bit of sugar to it while it is warm. I cool it & drink it iced...I do live in Texas

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#5 of 7 Old 12-16-2006, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

I drank it iced today and it tasted great to me. Maybe it's just the warm that I don't like? Not a huge fan of hot coffee either but do like it iced.
#6 of 7 Old 12-17-2006, 12:43 AM

I actually like the tea too. I have an instant hot water spout on my sink, so I can always make tea whenever I want I actually don't mind the taste iof my tea and can drink it straight. My acupuncturist told me I have "low spleen chi" though and suggested I put honey in it to boost my spleen. So I do, because I figure it can't hurt.
#7 of 7 Old 12-17-2006, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

I've been drinking it iced the last few days and now I can't get enough it's been on the "warm" side here (well, warm for Dec. in MI) and I find myself craving ice water and now the iced tea. Thanks again for all the awesome suggestions!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page