Baby is head down, midwife appointment update. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-15-2006, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Baby's head is finally in the downward position. I noticed incredible movement to the point where I was a bit nauseous on Monday. I was thinking maybe it's the big move. Last month at our appointment she was defiantly head up.

I had a midwife appointment last night, Sarah thought she felt her head down, but I have the serious lump in the middle of my belly, which can be interpreted as a head. Also, when she checked her heart rate on the Doppler, she was only able to get up on the right hand side as high as my belly button.

I was slightly disappointed, I asked Sarah to send me in for an ultrasound just to check position. I went in this morning and first thing I saw was her beautiful little head right down there with my cervix!!! I can’t tell you how happy I am that I don’t have to worry about trying to get her to turn in the next 4-6 weeks. We also reconfirmed this baby is defiantly a little girl And being head down, also explains why my pelvic area is so freaking sore :

I have a prediction; this baby will be born on January 22nd. I’ve had several dreams about her, the only thing I can see is her beautiful little head filled with thick, black hair. She is usually nursing in my dreams, which makes them all the better to remember them. January 22nd keeps coming up in real life situations too, I know this is the day lol

So, my appointment went really well. I gained another 4 pounds, which brought my total up to 22 lbs; I gained that in the first 4 months of both my boys’ pregnancies. I’ve done extremely well with watching what I’m eating which gives me room to cheat with Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food every now and them lol

We went over the last CBC results, my Neutrophils were high and my Lymphocyles were low, which had something to do with my Red Blood Count, that was low and the new ones I was producing were abnormally high. The way it was explained to me was my body was low on Iron, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12. Defiantly had something to do with me boycotting my prenatals for the past month because they made me terribly sick just thinking about taking another pill.

Sarah gave me Liquid Iron with Folic Acid and Vitamin B12, I have to take 1 teaspoon twice a day for the next two weeks and resume taking my prenatals and I’ll get another CBC.

We talked about Vitamin K shot or oral; I opted for the orally the same as with my boys and declined the Eye Ointment for prevention of eye infections. I declined this with the boys as well.

It totally blows my mind that I am 32 weeks plus 3 days pregnant. In the beginning things were going so slow, now I want it to slow down just a bit so I can remember the next 6 weeks or so, it makes me sad knowing this will be the last time I'm gonna feel a baby inside of me. I'm sooooo excited to meet this little one though

Shelley, mother, wife, sister, aunt, friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-15-2006, 08:24 PM

I have an appt. on Tuesday and am anxious to see if baby is head down yet. My fifth baby kept switching up until his birthday, though, so I don't think I'll rest easy either way.

I'm also on the floradix liquid. It helps so much, IMO.

Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 12-17-2006, 11:23 PM

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit. so hard too believe we will be spilling our birth stories soon I am really glad too hear everything is going so well. Your CBC sounds alot like mine. I posted my results while back, and Liz helped me too understand them

It must have been wonderful too too see your little girl again.!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page