Spotlight on GracefulMom!! 12/26-12/29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-26-2006, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, since Graceful Mom is on bedrest and has nothing else to do I think we need to pepper her with questions!! She'll thank us later

First of all, how are you doing?
How have you been occupying yourself?
What is your favorite color?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 12-26-2006, 12:50 PM

What is your favorite movie?
What was your favorite toy as a child?

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#3 of 11 Old 12-27-2006, 02:43 AM

My sweet bedrest buddy.

How is the old cervix holding up?
Do you find yourself really in the dumps some days from laying around?
ok enough about the bedrest crap.

What is your favorite book?
Who are you most enspired by?
What is your favorite dish?

sahm for Landon 1/07 and Simon 12/08 Aden 3/8/06
#4 of 11 Old 12-28-2006, 01:43 AM

*bumping* this up for her and asking...

who are your favorite musicians?

what was the last concert you were at?
#5 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmm... has anyone heard from GracefulMom this week????

I am getting kind of worried that she hasn't been around to respond to the spotlight thread.

I hope she and the baby are OK!!!
#6 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonit View Post
Ok, since Graceful Mom is on bedrest and has nothing else to do I think we need to pepper her with questions!! She'll thank us later

First of all, how are you doing?
How have you been occupying yourself?
What is your favorite color?
Oh, wow! Haven't been to this forum for several days... what a shocker! Spotlight on li'l ol' me. :

I'm doing... pretty well. 32 weeks today, and I'm excited to be this far along. I'm enjoying looking at my beautiful Christmas tree, decorated by my two lovely daughters.

I've been occupying myself with lots and LOTS of knitting. And mornings are often spent with school... we homeschool the girls. Molly is in 4th grade and Lydia is in kindergarten this year. We've slowed down a lot with Christmas activities, but have stayed mostly on track. It's a good way for all of us to pass the time withouth resorting to too much tv.

My favorite color? I'm not sure I could narrow it down to just one but I love the colors of our house. The walls are all "beach" colors... blue, khaki, green. It's very relaxing and peaceful to me, and I love to look from one room into the next... it flows nicely. (That's always been my dream, and we finally made it happen when we moved here a year and a half ago.)

Wife and Mama who homeschools-- mostly in the kitchen!
#7 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
What is your favorite movie?
What was your favorite toy as a child?
I looooooove The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins and Julie Andrews in general. What a voice! And I could watch or read All the President's Men anytime... not sure why I like that one so much, but it's intriguing to me. My favorite movie from this century so far is Ocean's Eleven.

My favorite toy as a child was probably my dolls... I played with dolls until I was really old! Destined to be a mother, I guess. And I had a Lite-Brite that was ok, but was especially fun when my favorite babysitter came. She would always finish a picture for us after we went to sleep, so we could enjoy the surprise in the morning. I loved that, because I didn't always have the patience to finish a picture.

#8 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adensmommy View Post
My sweet bedrest buddy.

How is the old cervix holding up?
Do you find yourself really in the dumps some days from laying around?
ok enough about the bedrest crap.

What is your favorite book?
Who are you most enspired by?
What is your favorite dish?
The old cervix... yep, it's old, alright! But it's holding tight. Seems to have stabilized and hasn't changed in the past few weeks. I'm starting to hope I might actually have a FEBRUARY baby!!!

Definitely down in the dumps! Especially when stuff starts to pile up around the house and I just want to get up and clean up after everyone. I feel like the walls are closing in on me. But my dh has been pretty good at keeping up with things lately, even though he was really busy with Christmas. (He's a pastor.) And my mom came today to get me through to 34 weeks... then dh's mom and sis come until 36 weeks. So I'll be well cared for until the doc lets me get up.

My favorite book... well, I've read All the President's Men and a book called The Book of Laughter and Forgetting, by Milan Kundera several times. I enjoy the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Lately, though, I've been reading parenting books and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth... baby on the brain, I guess.

Who am I most inspired by? Yikes! I might have to think on that overnight!

You're all so sweet to ask all these questions! What a great way to break up my dull day. : Love you!

#9 of 11 Old 12-30-2006, 04:40 PM

Oh, wow. My dh is a pastor (Episcopalian / Anglican priest) too. How do you, as a family, strike a balance between being constantly on display / in the eye of your congregation, and having private, personal time as a family and as individuals (sorry, probably no one but me will be interested in the answer to that)?

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

How many children are you planning / thinking about having ?

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#10 of 11 Old 12-30-2006, 10:20 PM

Back to the Q & A... you ask some tough ones!

I'm most inspired by...well, I think everyone on MDC. I'm encouraged by the wise moms on the gentle discipline forum, especially. I try so hard to have a home where everyone is respectful of everyone else, but I need the constant challenge and support from the moms there. And no matter which forum I check out, there's always something new to think about and learn.

My favorite dish... (drum roll, please...) is veggie pot pie. It's my one meatless dish that keeps the whole family asking for more! I also love to make soup... any kind, but split pea is my favorite.

Oh, and my favorite dishes are a set of Fiestaware that belonged to my Grandma. So bright and cheery, and they remind me of her.

#11 of 11 Old 12-30-2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoMum View Post

who are your favorite musicians?

what was the last concert you were at?
Love this question! I was a music major (voice) in college... but I'll try not to go on for TOO long about this! My favorite musicians right now are my husband (he plays the piano some and has a beautiful voice), and my daughter who just started to play the violin. She started lessons in September and already played in church on Christmas Day. I'm pretty proud of her!

As far as musical styles, I like a pretty wide variety. I love Renaissance music, English choral music, folk (from Peter, Paul and Mary to Shawn Colvin... I just love that vocal/guitar combo). I like some jazz, too... especially Dave Brubeck. What I wouldn't give to see him in concert!

The last concert I was at was an outdoor concert in the park in our town. It was a pops concert that our local symphony and chorale put on every summer. It's a fun evening where everyone brings chairs or blankets and a picnic. Fun times!

Oh... unless you'd count the last concert I was in. I play keyboard for our church's worship band: me, two guitarists, and my dh on vocals. Anyway, we put on a little neighborhood concert/picnic/outdoor movie night last fall. It was pretty fun -- and hilarious to see all the boys wanting to come up and touch the electric guitars. Who knew I'd be a local rock star someday?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page