All Feb. CDing mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody else excited to diaper a new baby? I haven't washed diapers since September and I miss it!

I didn't use cloth much until Cate was 6 weeks old as I only had O/S dipes then. I'm so anxious to us itty bitty dipes this time. A good friend lent my her very lovely and decadent newborn diaper stash to use. Seriously, I think some of the hyena dipes are too nice to poop in. She lent me a ton of wool as well. Her beautiful baby girl just turned one today! I'm so grateful to her for her generosity and friendship (she's a 'pin and MDC mama too--that's how we met before meeting 'in real life') I bought 2 pairs of larger newborn longies for our baby girl and a few small dipes here and there. I've got a bunch of yummy spray lanolin and wool wash just begging to be used!

Bring on baby bums!!! I'm ready!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 09:39 AM

I've been going on a month long CD shopping spree. I really need to stop because I really have more than enough dipes.

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
#3 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 10:00 AM

I didn't CD my son until he was 6 months old, so CDing a newborn will be new! I have way too many newborn/small dipes now!! I have a ton of HoneyBoy, Magic Alls and Dry Babies. And Fuzzi Bunz, of course... but may not need any FB until baby boy is a few months old and wearing mediums.
#4 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 11:08 AM

My stash:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...s/DSCF0082.jpg

New baby stuff on top ( it will be moved below soon! )
And DD's stuff is 2nd shelf.. My mother took the picture because she now has an addiction

Is it bad that I'm itching to sell the small stuff and buy the next size up already : is there a support group I can join like CDAA?
#5 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a stash built already from cloth diapering two kids prior to this one, plus I was fairied some pretty awesome stuff. I haven't really had to buy anything. I have fuzzi bunz, fitteds and wool, prefolds and bummis sww and some AIOs.
#6 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 11:45 AM

Yep, most definitely looking forward to it!! I actually have quite the collection of covers more than anything else as people keep giving me more. But could probable use some more prefolds. And I know I don't have any wipes, wet bags, etc...

As I have been accumulating things I have been keeping them in my attic since Jews basically consider it bad luck to shop for the baby before it is born. But there are some things I need to have on hand obviously! The baby won't have a room in this house (we will be moving when he/she is a few months old) so bought a storage type cart yesterday at Target to hold baby supplies. So I will set that up this weekend, and then start filling it up and figure out what I still need. A new natural baby store just opened not to far from me as well, so I am anxious to go visit there this week and probably spend way more than I should...

This post should probably be under the nesting thread, huh??
#7 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm super excited about CDing. I low-tech CDd my DS but with vinyl covers and Gerber dipes from Wal-mart. I hadn't been introduced to this wonderful world of diapers. I'm practicing self-control at the moment though because I've already spent quite a bit of money. I LOVE getting fluff in the mail. The only hard thing is not knowing the sex and having to bypass cute girl dipes.

Mom to DS (16), DD (7), DS (5), and excitedenergy.gif about my final baby due October 2014. Love fluffy mailheartbeat.gif, appreciate midwives, and can't wait to wear a baby againjoy.gif!
#8 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 01:38 PM

I just used prefolds and proraps until recently. I started making AIO's. I wasn't going to make smalls, but I'm really itching to make some girly ones. I got a gc to JoAnn's, so I'm going to be getting some fabric this weekend and some PUL & sherpa from my friend/supplier. I bought a couple fitted's that are adorable and can't wait to use them!

CD(DONA), Wife to Jason, Momma to Xander (7), Hayden (5), & Hanna (4)
#9 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 03:38 PM

I. Can't. Wait. I'm so excited it's not normal (admittedly it's mostly just to have baby here but the little diapers are a bonus)

I wish I knew if we were having a boy or a girl so I could throw some gender specific stuff in there but for now I'll have to be happy with neutral.

mum to a crew...
#10 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 04:12 PM

I'm so excited too! I need to take some stash pics soon. I've had fun this time buying cute girly diapers and knitting tiny girly soakers. Now all I need is a sweet little tushy, so I can put them to use. I keep thinking about how fun it'll be to put on that very first soft, squishy diaper. Now, if I can just decide which one that will be, probably an organic velour nb Mutt with a soft knit soaker on top.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#11 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gg1e View Post
My stash:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...s/DSCF0082.jpg

New baby stuff on top ( it will be moved below soon! )
And DD's stuff is 2nd shelf.. My mother took the picture because she now has an addiction

Is it bad that I'm itching to sell the small stuff and buy the next size up already : is there a support group I can join like CDAA?

What a beautiful picture of tiny fluff! I love it!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#12 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 04:53 PM

i've been building up my stash but have kinda been slowed down since Asher's early arrival! i still need a dozen more preemie PFs and some more covers.
#13 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 05:12 PM

I love your tie died prefolds - did you make them or buy them like that?!?

(butting in from the jan ddc : )

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#14 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 05:56 PM

I'm super excited as well!! We have a really basic stash - all prefolds, but I adore them. I'm trying to convince DH to use cloth from diaper #1, but he doesn't want to do them until after the meconium passes...Cam WILL come home from the birthing center in cloth, however - LOL!
#15 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 07:10 PM

I don't have much yet at all but plan to buy a bunch of prefolds and some Gdiapers - this is our first so I'm feeling a little clueless about CDing despite the hours of research I've done! I figured I'd buy one of a few types as we go along and see how it works.
#16 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 PM

I bought some cute AIO's (just plain ones) from a friend whose daughter outgrew them, and it will be so nice to have a firm CD'd newborn butt in my arms! I didn't use cloth with my son til he was about 7 months old. So this should be fun. I hope anyway!
#17 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 07:26 PM

One of the few things I asked for with this baby (my second) was a stash of newborn cloth diapers. I tried a diaper service when my son was a newborn so I did not purchase CDs until he was infant size. My mom bought me the softest newborn Happy Heinys and she has some Mother Ease on the way. I also hope to EC this baby so the CDs will be part of the learning process. I cannot wait to have a baby to put in my little diapers!
#18 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie9143 View Post
I love your tie died prefolds - did you make them or buy them like that?!?

(butting in from the jan ddc : )
A friend of mine did it with low water immersion dyes from Darma... She does a great job!
#19 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 08:03 PM

Oh and because I'm a sucker I have to post pictures of a few things Ive knit ( soaker's and longies are on the bottom !

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...GNKNSpic-1.jpg
#20 of 29 Old 12-28-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gg1e View Post
Oh and because I'm a sucker I have to post pictures of a few things Ive knit ( soaker's and longies are on the bottom !

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...GNKNSpic-1.jpg
Oh my gosh! They are so cute!!!
#21 of 29 Old 12-29-2006, 01:02 AM

Since I'm currently diapering a FOUR year old and a 22 month old I am way anxious to diaper a teeny butt! I have most of my stuff from before. Everything from prefolds and bummis to fuzzibunz, kissaluvs, WAHM's, etc. One of my best friends owns a diaper business so I imagine I'll be snagging a few diapers from her before it's all over.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#22 of 29 Old 12-29-2006, 01:20 AM

I have barely anything yet but I am in love with FBs! I hope to spend some money coming in Jan on a few. I hope I can get some of my family to pitch in so I can have enough not to use sposies at all. It really is addicting!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#23 of 29 Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 PM

I am so excited also. I have a great stash of prefolds (bought from the only Dallas diaper service when the went out of business) and some kissaluvs & some other contours. Our DS was full term, but in preemie everything & all I had was a huge AIO last time around. I am much smarter this time around
I am collecting quite a few covers & I need to stop buying! My stash is big enough right now... I never thought that buying diapers & covers would be so much fun

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#24 of 29 Old 12-30-2006, 12:44 AM

It kindof funny, but I am trying to get DS 23 months out of diapers and am excited to CD the new baby. I love how cute a newborn looks in CD. I have the cutest pics of DS in just his CD at a couple of days old. How wonderful!
#25 of 29 Old 12-30-2006, 04:46 PM

My son is still in diapers.... so I'm not missing it.

Homeschooling SAHM to 3 children under 5 + one on the way.
#26 of 29 Old 12-30-2006, 06:02 PM

I am excited and I have everything ready.. but maybe a little worried that the laundry will begin to consume my life haha.. we have been encourging the potty with DS but it just isn't going to happen before or shortly after the babies are here and I am ok with that.. but 3 in cloth.. I will not be able to do my usual lax "wash when I feel like washing and we are using backup backup diapers" thing hahaha

the other day my DH was babysitting my friend's son with ours while we went shopping for a bit, I had put the diapers in to wash but they hadn't made it to the dryer.

We came back and 2 two and a half year old toddlers were in small berryplush diapers (from the new stash)... hahahaha.. I was like- hun why didn't you just use some prefolds? oh well.. it was pretty cute!
#27 of 29 Old 12-30-2006, 06:07 PM

I was thinking with three in cloth I'm going to have to get another diaper pail. And I'll definately have to wash everyday. Good thing I do LOVE cloth diapers b/c can you imagine what I'd be putting in the garbage dumps with all these kids?

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#28 of 29 Old 12-30-2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikruca View Post
We came back and 2 two and a half year old toddlers were in small berryplush diapers (from the new stash)... hahahaha.. I was like- hun why didn't you just use some prefolds? oh well.. it was pretty cute!
I'm impressed he squeezed their butts into smalls WOW! I think I would have to link 2 together for my chunk butt DD
#29 of 29 Old 12-30-2006, 09:46 PM

I just made a big plunge today at diaperco.com. I got one of their assorted packages as well as 18 CPF and 12 BumGenius 2.0 one size.

It was a lot of fun to buy, but I have a lot more to get-holy moly. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page