no hospital for me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-29-2006, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few months ago, due to a doctor with a 'god' complex, my midwife had to tell all of her clients in Missouri that she couldn't do their homebirths. We really liked her so we decided to stick with her and use the hospital she worked with and her doctor. I was sick over this as I REALLY wanted a home birth and to stay out of the hospital. My husband was upset as well because he wanted me to be comfortable and have what I wanted. He was also a little relieved because he had a HORRID first birth experience with his daughter.

Anyhow, fast forward.

We are taking Bradley classes which are WONDERFUL and we both really getting a lot out class. Each week he asks more and more questions. So after our last class he said "I don't want to have the baby in a hospital". So we can't have the baby at home, because our home is in Missouri, but we are just going to go over to Kansas and have it there. Most likely in a hotel. So it's not quiet a homebirth, but it satisfies us both. The midwife had offered this back when she told us about not being able to come to Missouri.

It sure does take a lot of the stress off of me and worry as well. I kind of don't know what to do with myself without that extra weight, plus I'm not used to having big things like this work out. It's all new to me.

Julie

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#2 of 9 Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 AM

Hey, that's awesome. I'm glad you were able to figure out something that works for you.
#3 of 9 Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 PM

That's great. I hope everything goes really smoothly for you. I'm planning on laboring in a hotel near the hospital. There are going to be some raised eyebrows when we check in with our massive baby bumps and birthing balls, huh?
#4 of 9 Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 PM

I am so happy that you will get the birth experience you want!!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#5 of 9 Old 12-29-2006, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Rose View Post
That's great. I hope everything goes really smoothly for you. I'm planning on laboring in a hotel near the hospital. There are going to be some raised eyebrows when we check in with our massive baby bumps and birthing balls, huh?
Yes there will be! I'm hoping there's a side door too . At first we had decided to just labor as long as possible at the hotel (we live over an hour from there anyway). We had decided to just go to the hospital when ever one of us felt it was time. So this is just a little extra step .

Julie

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#6 of 9 Old 12-29-2006, 09:30 PM

Yay, that is wonderful news- no one should have to birth somewhere they aren't comfortable with, so I'm glad you found a happy medium! Best wishes for a beautiful birth experience!

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
#7 of 9 Old 12-30-2006, 09:54 PM

I'm so sorry you have to jump through hoops, but you have to do what's best for you. Good for you for making that choice! Best to you!
#8 of 9 Old 12-31-2006, 12:08 AM

Great news! Good luck!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#9 of 9 Old 12-31-2006, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I know it's a little unconventional . I will say it is nice to not have the worries I was before. Now I'm just getting scared about being a mom. Wow, that's a big one. thanks again for the well wishes .

Julie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page