9 cm in 4 weeks!?! Help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-29-2006, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have always measured right on with all 3 children. But at my MW appointment yesterday I grew 9 cm in 4 weeks! I have only gained 20lbs and am 33 weeks but 38.5 cm.

Has anyone else had a sudden gain in measurment?
#2 of 10 Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 PM

I tend to be either just behind or WAY ahead when my midwife measures me. Same thing happened with dd. Appt before last I was 29wks and measuring at 28. Next appt at 31wks, I was at 34cm! And I only gained half a pound in that time (I'm used to 3-10lb gains between appts, I've gained a total of 40lbs.). I'm curious to see where I'm at on Tuesday.

Mama of three.

#3 of 10 Old 12-30-2006, 02:18 AM

It happens to me alot too. Sometimes baby is laying sideways at one appt and then up and down the next. That can make a big difference.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#4 of 10 Old 12-30-2006, 09:02 AM

baby could be in a weird position. i lost 5CM in one day when one of my twins flipped from transverse to breech, i wouldn't worry about it.

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
#5 of 10 Old 12-30-2006, 11:26 AM

Yep, baby was probably doing some crazy stretch or twisted sideways or something.

I measured 33 cm waaay back before 30 weeks, and then was dead on again at the next appt.

Heck, you cna measure yourself if it mkaes you feel better. Baby butt sticking up/out, baby sideways, baby doing anything can change the measurment.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#6 of 10 Old 12-30-2006, 12:09 PM

Not sudden here, that is just how I grow my babies I'm 34 weeks 4 days, and measuring at 39 cm. I love having the same midwife as I had with Alex and Sammy. I was 37 cm with Alex at 35 weeks and 41 cm with Sammy at 34 weeks

Shelley, mother, wife, sister, aunt, friend.
#7 of 10 Old 12-30-2006, 01:47 PM

and babies do grow the most during these last 8 weeks. so it's not that weird that baby grew lots AND was in a weird position.

i am suddenly eating a lot and so know baby is growing lots too.

(feeling big as a house too!)

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#8 of 10 Old 12-31-2006, 12:20 AM

At 31 weeks I measured 34cm. I do grow big babies and they run in the family, but I and my midwife were not concerned. They go through growth spurts and so do you, so just like all the other arbitrary scales during pregnancy, fundal height can sometimes be "way off" No worries.

Mom of three spunktastic kiddos, supported by super-partner while dabbling in midwifery and organic farming. Biting off more than I can chew since '03.
#9 of 10 Old 12-31-2006, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathan12904 View Post
At 31 weeks I measured 34cm.
heh heh... at 32 weeks i measured 36.5 cm. i measured ahead with my son too, but he was 7 pounds 4 ounces, so i'm not too concerned.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#10 of 10 Old 12-31-2006, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all the replies. I have just never in 3 pregnancies measured more than 1cm off but, I am not worried anymore. Thank you! I just wish that she would get out from under my ribs!:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page