Spotlight on Cloth4Colin!! 12/31 - 1/3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-31-2006, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Time to turn the spotlight on Cloth4Colin!!! Someone pass her the tiara!

So,

How are you preparing Colin for his new sibling?
What are you most looking forward to with number 2?
What do you do to get time for yourself?
#2 of 10 Old 12-31-2006, 06:54 PM

Well, I'll pass the tiara since I wore it last week!

So tell us:

What have you enjoyed most about this pregnancy?
What's your favorite beverage?
What is your favorite memory from your childhood?

Enjoy your questions this week... I sure had fun!

Wife and Mama who homeschools-- mostly in the kitchen!
#3 of 10 Old 01-01-2007, 01:12 AM

What do you still have to get ready for the baby's arrival?

What's your New Year's Resolution? (or don't you do them)

What's your favorite pasttime?
#4 of 10 Old 01-01-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonit View Post
Time to turn the spotlight on Cloth4Colin!!! Someone pass her the tiara!

So,

How are you preparing Colin for his new sibling?
What are you most looking forward to with number 2?
What do you do to get time for yourself?
We've been trying to prepare Colin a little all along. I think we were around three months when we first told him; he really "gets" it more now that I'm HUGE! He knows that the baby is in my belly and that it will come and live with us soon. So far, he seems very excited and when I ask him about being a big brother he beams! (I'm praying that lasts...haha!) Yesterday, he did the sweetest thing...my mom had gotten Camden a stacking rings toy and we haven't opened it yet. Colin came upon it and wanted to play with it. He took it to my mom to open. Mom told him that it was for the baby and that we'd wait to open it when he got here. Colin then ran over to me and placed the toy on my belly and said, "Here you go, Baby Camden Michael, it's for you." After we all "awwww'd" over it, he then kissed my belly and said, "I love you baby Camden Michael!" *heart melting* I hope these little guys are the best of friends!

I'm quite looking forward to cloth diapering and nursing again...I miss both terribly! Also, babywearing - I didn't have a sling with Colin when he was a newborn, so I'm excited to get to try it out this go-around...I figure it will be a life-saver since I'll be chasing Colin around all day too.

Lately, the time for myself has come in the weeeeee morning hours when I can't sleep...and then when Colin naps. I like to get on here and chat and when I get the motivation, do some sewing.

Hugs, yonit!
#5 of 10 Old 01-01-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulmom View Post
Well, I'll pass the tiara since I wore it last week!

So tell us:

What have you enjoyed most about this pregnancy?
What's your favorite beverage?
What is your favorite memory from your childhood?

Enjoy your questions this week... I sure had fun!
I've most enjoyed feeling the baby kick and move inside me...that's always such an amazing thing; and the thing I always miss the most after they're born.

I LOVE water...yep, just ice water! LOL! I've never been able to get into teas or coffee and sodas wreck my blood sugar...though I've craved Sprite this pregnancy, though!

I have some really great memories of being with my Nana - my maternal grandmother. We were best friends and had many wonderful times together. She kept us while Mom worked and then I spent lots of nights with her as well. She made such simple things fun...she battled ovarian cancer for eight years and was the most brave person I know - she did more chemo even after deciding not to, just to be here to see my DS born. It was probably the best day seeing her hold him for the first time. I miss her GREATLY!!

Hugs, Gracefulmom!
#6 of 10 Old 01-01-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Rose View Post
What do you still have to get ready for the baby's arrival?

What's your New Year's Resolution? (or don't you do them)

What's your favorite pasttime?
Before Cam's arrival, I need to set up his bassinet. I'm hoping to do this this week since we think the little man may be early...watch me go to 42 weeks - LOL! I was so restless last week, that I went ahead and did all of the washing for him and even started packing our bags...I'm such a nut! I still need to decide what to wear home from the birth center...I'm hating maternity clothes right now! Finally, I really, really need to finish organizing and cleaning up "our" room here at my parents'. It's a mess and I'd love to be able to see the carpet before the big day!! haha!!

I'm terrible at resolutions! : If I had to say something, I'd like to live more in the moment and be able to forget about this crumby year that we just had. 2006 was NOT our year! :

I love to sew...though I get frustrated with it easily...so it's a love-hate relationship...: I like reading natural family living type books and magazines...though I wish both were more readily found here in my area. Also, being here at MDC and chatting with all of you is GREAT fun!!

Hugs, Jude Rose!
#7 of 10 Old 01-01-2007, 02:12 PM

what kind of things do you sew?
have you splurged on anything for this baby you didn't have with Colin?
Is there anything you would LOVE to get for the new baby, but haven't splurged on?
#8 of 10 Old 01-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Hi mama!
let's see.....
What types of things do you love to sew?
What is one of your dreams or life goals?
What is your favorite type of music?
#9 of 10 Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikruca View Post
what kind of things do you sew?
have you splurged on anything for this baby you didn't have with Colin?
Is there anything you would LOVE to get for the new baby, but haven't splurged on?
Sewing....I first learned to sew when I was 4. My grandmother taught me how to make tiny stitches on my grandfather's hankies I graduated to the manual (treadle) machine at age 10 and finally to electric around age 12. I've always loved it! I used to make clothes and blankets for my dolls. Now, I like to make all kinds of things - when I had a serger, I was loving making clothes for Colin, but we had to sell it to cover some bills this past summer. Alas. Lately, I've been making some toys for DS (sock monkies) and trying my hand at hippie style skirts...though my success with the later has been somewhat limited...haha! I think I need to try plain strip skirts and see if I can fair better there....though I think trying to make my pregnant self anything is going to be a pill at this point.

I've been toying with the idea of reopening my WAHM business that involved sewing...I can't name it here due to the rules and such, but it was an AP type thing. DH and I really need the extra funds since I will be heading back to school sometime in the future.

Splurges...nah. $ is much tighter now than it was with Colin, so I've tried to be restrained in my buying. I did pick up two of the froggie print Bummis covers off the TP a while back. I think they are so cute - we used the plain stuff for Colin, so I wanted to have a wee bit of fun this go around with dipes. They're newborn size, but look like they run a little big, so I'm hoping to get to use them a lot.

Wanna-be splurges...oh, yeah! I love to pretend web shop...I think I could easily be a diaper or baby carrier addict! One thing I really wish I knew how to do is knit...I think I would really like using wool soakers. I had one with Colin and loved it so much...almost too much because it was our only one and I was afraid of ruining it...so he only wore it on special occassions...and after his daily poop. LOL!

Hugs, bikruca
#10 of 10 Old 01-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtmama2be View Post
Hi mama!
let's see.....
What types of things do you love to sew?
What is one of your dreams or life goals?
What is your favorite type of music?
for sewing, please see above

Dreams - I'm such a dreamer! (and planner...though the 2 hardly ever coincide...but nonetheless)...this year, our main dream/goal is to be able to move out of my parents' place and into something of our own. We have something in the works, but it's going to be TOUGH. In the long run, it will be okay, but the upfront costs would make this upcoming year so hard...and we really didn't want things to continue to go downhill in the $ department...not sure yet what we'll do, but we are thinking hard on it. Secondly, I am wanting to become a nurse and eventually a midwife. I'll probably try and apply for the program this fall if everything is going well with the baby. I really want to be able to work shift work that would allow me to be at home enough to still homeschool the kiddos.

Music - I honestly love most any kind of music...I could probably name a favorite song from every genre. I really enjoy music and we have it on most all the time. (No wonder Colin is a little dancing peanut! ) I grew up with classic rock from CCR, Fleetwood Mac, etc. thanks to my dad, and I have country and oldies music influence from my mother and her side of the family. We have an annual bluegrass festival here in my town annually and I LOVE going to it - Alison Krauss has played there many times and I rather admire her and her work.

Hugs, swtmama2be

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page