Constipated - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-02-2007, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am normally constipated as a rule, but when I'm sharing space with a baby, it can get extremely unpleasant!!

I've tried soluble fiber and liquid cal/mag with fair to middlin' results: instead of eliminating once a week, I can now do it every day - however, 6 out of 7 days, I will eliminate teeny little "grapes" and then on the seventh day I will have a real, normal-sized BM.

I'm afraid to take any of those OTC stool-softeners in case it encourages labor, but I'm getting pretty desperate!!!

Any ideas?
#2 of 4 Old 01-02-2007, 02:08 AM

Because I am unable to do a whole lot of moving aroung and no walking I have been taking Docusate it is otc. I have a history of ic and ptl and it this med has never aggrivated my uterus. Oh and because of my ic I cant do a lot of pushing or straining.

Good luck mama I am so sorry you are uncomfortable constapations sucks and always brings on contractions for me.

sahm for Landon 1/07 and Simon 12/08 Aden 3/8/06
#3 of 4 Old 01-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Oh sorry mama!
The old fashioned stuff -- drinking black cherry juice and eating prunes has been working wonders for me!

Mama to Charlotte (2/14/07) and Julian (11/27/10) both born at home.
#4 of 4 Old 01-02-2007, 12:00 PM

I used colace with my last pg because it was pretty bad... and DS was 1 week late! It never caused any ctx with me. I am managing without anything specific this time although it is easier when I've eaten better/more fiber. I call it "pooping out Stonehenge!" It's no fun, that's for sure!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page