Having contractions and scared... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-03-2007, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having rock hard contractions since 10am this morning. They are scaring me. I've talked to the the mw already, and have been drinking my water, got some rrl tea brewing and bath. But they're still coming. These are definitely not BH they hurt too much. They remind me of the contrx I had with DD when I went into labor. I terrified to go to the potty b/c I don't want to encourage labor. And I really need to go!
I'm worried too b/c my labor with dd was only 3 1/2 hours long and I don't want to sit here wait for them to stop only to end up having my baby at home at 33w5d. But I'm scared to call in to the doc's office too, b/c I don't know why I'm scared about that. I'm in denial I suppose. And I really don't want this to be real labor b/c I'm still trying to get over bronchitis...What else cna I do????

Sorry so crazy...this is just nothing I'd have ever expected with this being #3. I'm actually hoping that me posting about this will make the contrx go away, isn't that crazy?
#2 of 11 Old 01-03-2007, 06:09 PM

I'm glad you were able to talk to your midwife; did she give you some good information or advice? Hang in there; hopefully it's just your body warming up and not the real deal. Keep us updated as you can!

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
#3 of 11 Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 PM

Did you try drinking some wine? Alcohol usually stops things in the early stages.
#4 of 11 Old 01-03-2007, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelDust View Post
I'm glad you were able to talk to your midwife; did she give you some good information or advice? Hang in there; hopefully it's just your body warming up and not the real deal. Keep us updated as you can!
After following her suggestions they don't seem as intense, but they are still there. I'm also recovering from bronchitis, so I think the midwife thinks that it's all related...I've gotten alot more water down me and soon as my tea is done I'm going to drink a quart of that...I just pray we can go another 3 weeks at the LEAST.

heartandhandsdoula---thanks, I will definitely keep that one in mind. I haven't thought of that one. If these don't calm down more in the next half hour I'll choke down a glass. (I hate alcohol, but will do it for the baby)

Thanks guys...I'll keep you posted...
#5 of 11 Old 01-03-2007, 08:23 PM

How are things going now???

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#6 of 11 Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
How are things going now???
I'm still having contrx, but they are MOSTLY feeling more like BH now. Though they are still coming pretty regular. Things seemed to have calmed down quite a bit. Except for when I stood up a few mins ago, it felt like my cervix was on fire. I'm just going to spend the rest of the evening on the couch and take a bath later. My midwife is calling later so I'll talk to her about it and see what she thinks. I'm just hoping things quiet down for a few more weeks so I can have my homebirth! **Arabella stay right where you are honey!!!**
#7 of 11 Old 01-03-2007, 10:08 PM

Stay put little girl.

sahm for Landon 1/07 and Simon 12/08 Aden 3/8/06
#8 of 11 Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adensmommy View Post
Stay put little girl.
Thanks Brandi I hope yours stays put until the right time too!

Ok, this is going to sound stupid, but with all these contrx today I noticed that my breasts are leaking alot more. Does this mean anything?? Besides that I'm pregnant and going to have a baby I mean. I've had leaky breasts before but not like this...
#9 of 11 Old 01-04-2007, 12:09 AM

Hope all is well and baby is staying put.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#10 of 11 Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 AM

I don't know about the leaky breast thing. I have never noticed that before. When I was having PTL it really helped me to just focus on being relaxed and nothing else. Once I was able to focus on that things calmed down. Good luck and keep us posted!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#11 of 11 Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 AM

About your breasts leaking... oxytocin is what causes your milk to let down. Of course you've got colostrum now, not milk yet (as you know) but I wonder if having a lot of oxytocin going because of your ctx can cause leaking? Not sure! I used to leak with my first pg, but it was mainly at night when I was laying on my breast. I'm still nursing now so I haven't been leaking much this time. I hope your contractions stop soon so you can rest easy... and so you can keep the babe in a while longer!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page