"Wow your belly is so big" argh - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2007, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry to vent but I keep getting these comments about how big I am and wow, are you having twins!! And "you must be due any day!" It is bugging me, I don't feel that big, I still fit into all my clothes from a few months ago. I get so many nice comments that make me feel great and then I get all these annoying ones that make me think "maybe I'm huge and no one has told me yet" Why do people think its ok to say these things to strangers? Anyway, thanks for letting me vent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2007, 07:59 PM

I hear you loud & clear sister. I feel like I almost made it through my whole pregnancy with only great comments..."you look so good" "you're so lucky only carrying in your stomach" "you're radiant...beautiful....etc." (BTW....I don't really know if these things are true...but it's been so nice to hear them, great for the self esteem) Then BAM!@#$%^& I went to my cousins wedding a few days ago. As soon as I walk in my sister in law walks up and says "shheeeshh...I see the jugs were invited" (made me totally self-conscious...and believe me, while there was some minimal cleavage it was not all over the place)...then from another lady..."wow...you must be carrying twins" and then from someone else (lets call her miss A)..."gosh, you haven't had that baby yet..you're huge!" and then the cherry on the sunday...Her friend (Miss B) says "wow...you and "Miss A" could be sisters..you look so much a like" EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!! This woman is very scary looking and kind of a sloppy drunk, her whole personna from the inside out is rough..... It wasn't my day at all.
Anyhoo....thank goodness for all the positive comments because that was a little much to take in, especially the last comment. I really hope Miss B was just drunk & blurry and that I really don't look anything like Miss A. :
Old 01-03-2007, 09:15 PM

I am getting the *when are you due* thing too. I just chalk it up to people are curious & I always let them know how wonderful it is to be pregnant! It normally stops them from making anymore of "those" comments.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 PM

I had the week off work between X-mas and New years and when i came back everyone commented about how much I grew and how big I was :eyeroll

Erin Mama to thing 1 and 2 WAH with CELIAC?! Living and Learning
Old 01-03-2007, 11:20 PM

I swear people just do not know what to say to pregnant women. Whether the person is a stranger or not, people feel so compelled to say something to a pregnant women. Sometimes it seems like it is the wrong comment at the wrong time! Personally, I hate how "public" people think I am when I am pregnant. I really just want to get through the grocery store without someone asking about the baby or making some silly comment. I'm already not the type of person to make small talk with strangers and I really do not want to do it when I am pregnant.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 AM

I get those comments all the time. And the funny thing is I'm measuring right where I should be, which is amazing considering that my babies are BIG babies.
Atleast, we only have a few more weeks to go. s Oh, I mostly just stay at home unless I have to go out anymore, so I don't get those sorts of comments.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:46 AM

I haven't had a single comment from anyone in person this pg. Of course when I sent out the pic of me in front of the tree on Xmas Eve I got quite a few "Your bigger than I thought you were" comments. It doesn't bother me a bit. It is one time in your life you can feel big and know that it is ok! I love seeing big bellied mamas. It really is so amazing we can carry such big packages around for as long as we do!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
Old 01-04-2007, 04:45 PM

I love my belly. It is finally sticking out after being so small for so long that when I get the comments (nothing near as mean and thoughtless as "you must be due" or "is it twins?") I just beam and stick out my belly even more.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM

OOPS! Thought I was starting a new post!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Not in ddc but saw this in new posts and i totaly know where you are comeing from cos i had these comments with all my lo's they started around 3 mths and carried on untill i gave birth and it really go on my nerves, i remember with chloe a friend of my dads said you must be haveing a boy cos your carrying all over i went no i'm haveing a girl but thanks alot for calling me fat :

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 PM

Crashing your thread to report the opposite.

People just don't give a hoot about pregnant women where I am. I posted just today about people butting in line, etc.

Not ONE comment on my belly, period.

Enjoy it, ladies. Not to sound cynical, but you're quite lucky, from my perspective.

User Tag List