Yoga pants??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2007, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is stupid... but I have to ask! What are yoga pants? I hear everyone on MDC talking about how great yoga pants are. Everything is too tight around my belly, everything hurts. When I did a search on-line all I got was skin tight pants that only fit a size 2!: What is everyone doing for pants? I wear an XL and they fit everywhere else except my belly! Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 01:41 AM

Yoga pants are just stretchy cotton pants, aren't they? That is basically what I wear day in day out. They feel like pajama pants so I am always really comfy. I just personally have to wear long shirts that cover my butt so I don't feel to exposed when I go out.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, soft, loose stretchy pants. These work especially well for me during pregancy in a low rise stretchy waist worn under the belly. The not low rise ones I have I still wear, under the belly, but the crotch hangs down, so they only get worn around the house, lol. But they're the non maternity wear I already owned that have seen me all the way through pregancy and I'll still be wearing them after. I wear an XL too, but you can get a basic low rise yoga type pant at Target in a large size cheap. Heck, I think they have them by the maternity section in the store by me, lol
Old 01-04-2007, 03:06 AM

Not in your DDC but these pants are so blissfully comfy that I couldn't not share. I just ordered a second pair so I wouldn't have to do laundry so often!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:00 AM

ooh, those look comfy -- wish Old Navy still had maternity wear in Canada and / or shipped online to Canada :

Yeah, basically yoga pants are cotton/lycra, usually black and low rise. They're kind of tight fitting, but in a comfy way, and since they are usually straight legged or flared, they look more like "pants" than sweatpants, and they are relatively kind to your cellulite and figure flaws. Check out any dept. store or sports store and you should find them.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
Old 01-04-2007, 02:18 PM

Check Target's maternity section. The section is small and the sizes run small, but they usually have activewear that is cheap, stretchy and comfy.

Mom of three spunktastic kiddos, supported by super-partner while dabbling in midwifery and organic farming. Biting off more than I can chew since '03.

User Tag List