circumsision???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2007, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how do you ladies feel about it? are you gonna have it done to your baby's???? I saw a video earlier today that made me cry for like an hour I am very grateful i diddnt to it to my first and dont plan on doing it to my second!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 02:25 AM

I am told I am having two girls but yeah I would never ever.. I didn't with my first and if I ever have another son he will be intact too
Old 01-04-2007, 03:32 AM

It was never a question for us. DH was injured when his was done, so we never even had to discuss whether we'd do that to our own kids. None of our boys will be circ'd by us. If they get older and want it done that's up to them.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Having a girl but any boys we ever have will remain intact.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:28 AM

Hey! I see that you are new to the forum... I remember when I first came here I was a bit overwhelmed with how expansive the site was... and I am STILL finding new areas! I am curious; have you checked out this board?
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=44

There is a lot of information there about this topic... you may find it interesting!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 AM

Not from your ddc but wanted to give my $0.02
DH left this up to me when we were pregnant with our first. (DH was circ. as an infant, no known problems) My heart said no way in he** my baby is being cut. I did research from a medical perspective and came to the same conclusion. Two intact boys later I am so glad that I thought this thru as opposed to doing what everyone eles was doing. My boys are the only intact boys I know of in the past 10 years at our church : (I work nursery) I hope that people will have their eyes opened to the fact that intact is what is 'normal' and circ is not.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:21 AM

No way would I ever have my son curcumsized. I went on a tour of the hospital/birthcenter I have been vacationing in for the past 17days, and just for giggles they showed me this plastic contraption they strap sweet inocent newborn boys in for the proceedure. I was terrified. I wasnt going to do it before seeing this and sure as heck aint gonna do it now. Just like Jeanette said if Landon wants it done when he is older I will support his decission, but as a mother I would never put my newborn through that.

sahm for Landon 1/07 and Simon 12/08 Aden 3/8/06
Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 AM

We're expecting a girl but if we had a boy, hell no!

He is more than welcome to have it done himself when he is older if he so chooses but I wouldnt make that choice for him.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:02 PM

Yeah most people around here are pretty against it, myself included
Old 01-04-2007, 02:36 PM

Heck no! I think it's a terrible, unnecessary procedure, and there was never, ever a question of us getting it done. Our OB was really relieved to hear it; apparently she hates doing circs. Phew.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:37 PM

Our boy won't be circumcised. It's one of those issues that always seemed like common sense to both of us, and I'm glad we never disagreed about it.

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
Old 01-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Nope, never. DH is and always has been just as adamant about it as I am, luckily.

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
Old 01-04-2007, 02:51 PM

I'm happy to say this babe WON'T be cut if it's a boy (if Sarah had been a boy, he would have been )

Mama of three.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmh23 View Post
I'm happy to say this babe WON'T be cut if it's a boy (if Sarah had been a boy, he would have been )

Yep, I thank GOD I found MDC while pregnant with my son because I always just assumed it was something I would have done until MDC opened my eyes to a whole new world. My son is the only boy I know still intact.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:25 PM

I really don't want to. I told DH it was up to him since he's the guy, hoping he'd say heck no, but he said why not. I'm going to rescind the offer. The more I think about it the more it breaks my heart.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM

No way. My DS and DH are both intact, and thankfully it's never, ever been an issue here.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:29 PM

it's a huge issue in our house. ds1 is and i totally regret it. dh wants it done to ds2 but i'm not letting it happen. if i had known as much then as i do now i never would have let it happen to ds1. some people think it's weird but i feel that my boys can understand that different people have different bodies. i don't think it's going to cause a huge issue unless we as parents make it into one. i'm so glad that i found MDC before this babe was born otherwise, i don't know if i would have ever learned as much as i had. before ds1 was born, i read about it in books and the literature given to us by the ped but i didn't realize that here in the midwest circing is "normal" and no one was there to tell me otherwise. i'm so glad i know better now.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Old 01-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooney View Post
I really don't want to. I told DH it was up to him since he's the guy, hoping he'd say heck no, but he said why not. I'm going to rescind the offer. The more I think about it the more it breaks my heart.
Also head over to the case against circumcision forum, as linked earlier in this thread. You might want to send him the link too, there is so much great informative information there. I was lucky that my dh was totally on board with me but if he hadn't been I would have sent him there to learn "why not." I understand there is a video there that shows exactly what happens to a baby boy being circ'd and I would venture a guess that any man who sees that happening to that most sensitive of areas would rethink such a hasty decision!!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 PM

Definitely a no! After doing the research and seeing a video on it, me and husband were totally decided against it.

I am glad I did research on it before the birth. I am definitely recommending to all my friends who are thinking or are pregnant to think it over carefully.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:07 PM

I do remember the nurse going over birth options with us, and when I hesitated at that question and looked at DH, actually saying it's unnecessary. I really really like our choice of hospital.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:19 PM

My dh is intact and if we have a boy, he will be too. I saw a video of how it is done (even though I knew we wouldn't do it), it is horrifying. I'm surprised it didn't give me nightmares.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:28 AM

This little boy will be the third intact man in our home.

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.

User Tag List