Anyone tried/used LillyPadz? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2007, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the worst luck with fitting a nursing bra. I can never find one that fits right or that is comfy. With DS I just wore cotton bras that were more like sports bras and then my nursing pads. However, I was then very limited to the tops I could wear - you could always see the pad outline through my shirt. :

I saw some of the Lillypadz at a store the other day and thought they might show lines less and allow me to wear more of my regular tops...nursing tops are WAY out of our budget. The PDZ are pricey too, though...but we'd be willing to put them on credit if they WORKED. Anyone here tried them and have any thoughts or suggestions on them?

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 02:11 PM

The lilypadz to work, but you have to make sure your nipples are bone dry before you put them away. The plastic (or silicone, whatever) doesn't breathe at all, so if you ride em' hard and put em' up wet, they will be sore and chafe and just be unpleasant.

Mom of three spunktastic kiddos, supported by super-partner while dabbling in midwifery and organic farming. Biting off more than I can chew since '03.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:03 PM

I tried lilypadz last time and they didn't work for me.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:12 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I searched the breastfeeding forum and found some interesting discussions - pros and cons. I leak at night and I hate wearing bras to bed so I think I'm going to splurge and try them even though money's a little tight.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:26 PM

I have 2 sets (ebay, $13 each, way better deal!)

I found them great for summer tops and stuff... BUT the first few months when I had a heavy letdown and one side would squirt while baby was on the other - they'd fill up and leak! Not enough pressure.

BUT after 3-4 months pp, they were great for specific things, like tops that were thinner.. they aren't exactly easy to use in public, not like popping in a cloth/paper one to a bra...

Also, fab for hiding nipples ANYTIME, not just as nursing pads. Good for using under fancy clothing or when not nursing.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:38 PM

I haven't tried that brand, but went with the Bravado basic instead. They are very comfortable for me. Just go with what feels good to you.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:47 PM

I'm so odd, I never once leaked with dd...

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 PM

i didn't like using them on a regular basis. they made my nipples sweaty/stinky . i think they're probably better for special occasions.

Mama to two beautiful sons Wife to DH

User Tag List