anyone here doing the brewer's diet or anything similar? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wondering who else is tracking protein and eating whole/organic/raw?

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Well I was eating what I thought was something similar to that diet but my nutrition waxes and wanes like the moon. I do a Shaklee supplement and also Juice Plus to fill in gaps. My traditional Chinese Dr. uncle said NO cold food for me, and raw doesn't digest so easily. I do try to stay organic as much as possible. I have a hard time with too many strict guidelines though. At this point I'm trying to eat lots -o- protein and not a lot of sodium and sugar.
#3 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 PM

I am choking down the protein, but not doing much else. I feel lucky if I manage to eat the amount of protein I need daily, let alone anything else : Very little sugar or refined carbs is the biggest thing I'm trying to do besides the protein, though.

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
#4 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 03:21 PM

I'm tracking protein for my Bradley class... not following Brewer diet strictly because there is no possible way I can eat that much. But I am tracking protein and trying to eat a balanced diet. I do get some organics in as well.
#5 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 05:29 PM

We eat as much organics as possible & that our budget allows. The rest is normal foods. I am pushing the protein aspect of the Brewer diet more since I had placenta issues last birth.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#6 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

i have been doing natural health consulting for about 8 years now, so i've been careful about what i eat for about 10 years.

but with my hypoglycemia i am having to be even more careful.

the thing is, when i eat crap, i feel really crappy too. i can really feel it when i have a high carb, low protein day.

i only measured 3 cm ahead this week. at least i didn't go over 5 cm ahead yet!!

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#7 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 10:58 PM

Please tell me HOW you get all that protien in.. I have been trying, but most I get up too is 60grams of protien..
Would you share what a typical menu looks like for you for the day, PLEASE
I am so not a meat eater, I mean I eat it, but would much rather have celery over a steak..So, how do I get all this protien in? HELP
#8 of 10 Old 01-05-2007, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

one thing that really helps is actually looking for recipes that have lots of protein in them.

cut out foods that are low in protien and nutrients so they don't fill you up instead too.

here's an easy one: a salad with chick peas, shredded chicken, hard boiled egg and some shredded cheese. one serving of this has over 30 grams of protien. (30 is about the amount you can absorb at one time) if you find you feel bloatly or queasy after eating protein, try taking a digestive enzyme with your meals, it's safe for pregnancy and can really help with digestion.

try a bowl of soup with both meat and beans in it and some cheese sprinkled on top. (like an italian white bean and chicken or sausage soup)

mostly just never eat a meal without a nice serving of protein in it.

#9 of 10 Old 01-05-2007, 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=honeybeedreams;6922231]the thing is, when i eat crap, i feel really crappy too. i can really feel it when i have a high carb, low protein day. [QUOTE]

: I notice it also!!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#10 of 10 Old 01-06-2007, 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=Gray's Mommy;6930466][QUOTE=honeybeedreams;6922231]the thing is, when i eat crap, i feel really crappy too. i can really feel it when i have a high carb, low protein day.
Quote:

: I notice it also!!
me too!

I eat pretty healthy.. exp. yesterday I had a GC ( my DD is at a friends house for the night ) and hubby and I went out the food was greasy.. Oh and I had a dough nut at whole foods... they have the best dough nuts! :

So this morning I woke up and was all oniony and greasy yuck feeling.. after eating some yogurt and grapefruit I feel better.
Oh gosh I'm bad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page