who else is into "spinningbabies.com?" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-04-2007, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wondering who else is tracking babies position? my babe went from LOA to LOT, "nearly posterior too" my MW said today. poop. not a great position.

are you "belly mapping?"

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#2 of 17 Old 01-04-2007, 10:01 PM

I have not had the chance too go there yet, but plan too sometime tonight after the kids are settled. I really want too know the position my baby is in.. Will this work for larger mamma's, who have extra fluff? I have it book marked, just had not had the time too check out the site completely, so not sure how it works...
#3 of 17 Old 01-04-2007, 11:22 PM

i try.. and sometimes I kinda get it.. I think it's harder with 2 in there!
#4 of 17 Old 01-04-2007, 11:35 PM

I'm curious about this working for plus size mammas too. I was just wondering about her position tonight. Off to google that info
#5 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 12:57 AM

I am.. but my baby is still all over the place so I cant tell for sure which thump is which lol
#6 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 02:00 AM

I used it a while back. I am so confused about baby's position all the time. You would think I would have it figured out by baby #4! I think baby is in the same position alot since I have a raw spot at the top of my uterus that is driving me crazy! I am thinking baby's heel?

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#7 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanielayne View Post
I used it a while back. I am so confused about baby's position all the time. You would think I would have it figured out by baby #4! I think baby is in the same position alot since I have a raw spot at the top of my uterus that is driving me crazy! I am thinking baby's heel?

is it your fundus that is so sore? hate to say, but it might be babies head, we were just discussing this at the MW's today.

"belly mapping" makes it easy to figure out where the baby is. hiccups is often an easy way to tell, where is the place you feel the hiccups the strongest? that is most likely where the upper chest is.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#8 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

extra fluff shouldn't make any difference, your uterus is your uterus.

#9 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 10:35 AM

I love the site and use it a lot, just not on myself I was joking with my mw the other day that this is very much a "Do as I say, not as I do" thing as I really do encourage all my clients to use OFP , etc... But for myself personally my PSD has been so miserable that i really can't sit in a chair, definitely not a hard one. Tailor sitting will definitely not be happening. Really the only way I can get even a little comfortable is in a recline position with the weight just off my pelvis - most definitely not OFP friendly.

But I am also a 4th time mom who has never had a posterior baby, and I know ways of turning a baby in labor if I need to. It is just not as likely to be an issue for me.

As for belly mapping, I don't really personally need to do that as I am a very good palpater. I have no problem just feeling where the baby is manually. The baby is also VERY active and is basically in a different position every day - fortunately they are all head down!
#10 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 10:51 AM

I try but am not sure that I always have it right. I'm fairly certain that this one is LOP most of the time. DD was LOA for my entire thrid trimester, so I'm not used to the strong movements of a posterior baby.
#11 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 11:21 AM

I really need to check out this site. Both my children were posterior, and I am not looking forward to pushing out a third posterior baby! :
#12 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybeedreams View Post
is it your fundus that is so sore? hate to say, but it might be babies head, we were just discussing this at the MW's today.

"belly mapping" makes it easy to figure out where the baby is. hiccups is often an easy way to tell, where is the place you feel the hiccups the strongest? that is most likely where the upper chest is.

Well I think I am pretty sure baby is head down but this would be my first one to be head down before 36 weeks. Using the mapping I think s/he may be ROT. I think I can feel the head when I check my cervix too. Of course I am no expert so I could certainly be wrong! Ds2 was posterior through some of my labor, I think, but otherwise I have had no issues with this either. I couldn't tell with dd1 because my placenta was right in the front.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#13 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanielayne View Post
I couldn't tell with dd1 because my placenta was right in the front.
yeah, i think this why this baby is in a weird posititon... 'cause my placenta is high and in the front.

it's right where my son's butt was!!

#14 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 03:43 PM

I haven't checked out the site, but I am the Queen of the Pelvic Rock!

I pelvic rock contantly at the urging of my doula. Baby is definitely head down, my MW confirmed today and I feel my hiccups very low.

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#15 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 05:46 PM

How come there aren't any pictures of breech babies on that web site? (or if so, please point me to the URL)
#16 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyFan View Post
How come there aren't any pictures of breech babies on that web site? (or if so, please point me to the URL)

ummm i don't kow about pictures, but there is a whole section on breech... the link is at the top of the homepage, between "links" and "doulas."

#17 of 17 Old 01-05-2007, 07:17 PM

This baby is hanging out either LOT or LOA, moving around quite a bit still. I can tell by where I feel the kicks and where I can hear the HB (I have a fetoscope). I think all three of mine were in this position the last month or so. I always end up getting kicked under my right rib cage. There must be something about my shape that makes them settle this way.

What I really want to know is where is my placenta. I can't hear it at all, and I'm guessing it must be somewhere in back. I just hope it's not too low, I guess I just wish I knew so I wouldn't have to wonder.

Keri, wife to Tony, mom to five DDs: M ('96), S('01), E('04), A('07) and J('10);

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page