update from this side - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hiya

i went to the gynae this morning and was anticipating some trouble (last night i was thinking that the people who do everything their docs tell them have it easy!) but it was grand.

ds is head down, i *finally* got to hear the heartbeat, and we have another scan scheduled for the next few weeks (3 scans is standard here). now i have to get in touch with the midwives at the clinic to give them all my test results (yup, i have copies of them and my doc doesn't pass hers along) and make arrangements for the birth prep classes.

and, most importantly, she didn't give me a hard time about not doing the rhogam (does anyone else think of hair loss?) during pregnancy. i had the injection after ds1 was born (he's + and i'm -) and i didn't see the point of doing another one. she wasn't able to give me any info other than "it's the new protocol" so i said no thanks and that was that!!

oh, i wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the following homeopathic stuff. a friend's midwife suggested it to her:

the following are to be taken separately with at least 15 minutes interval during labour.

Actaea Racemosa 9ch 10 drops every half and hour to help regulate the contractions. STOP if the contractions are too close together.
Caulophyllum 9ch 10 drops to be taken every half an hour. Helps dilate the cervix
Gelsemium 9ch 10 granules at 4cm and 8cm dilatation.

any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2007, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raeinparis View Post
hiya

i went to the gynae this morning and was anticipating some trouble (last night i was thinking that the people who do everything their docs tell them have it easy!) but it was grand.

ds is head down, i *finally* got to hear the heartbeat, and we have another scan scheduled for the next few weeks (3 scans is standard here). now i have to get in touch with the midwives at the clinic to give them all my test results (yup, i have copies of them and my doc doesn't pass hers along) and make arrangements for the birth prep classes.

and, most importantly, she didn't give me a hard time about not doing the rhogam (does anyone else think of hair loss?) during pregnancy. i had the injection after ds1 was born (he's + and i'm -) and i didn't see the point of doing another one. she wasn't able to give me any info other than "it's the new protocol" so i said no thanks and that was that!!

oh, i wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the following homeopathic stuff. a friend's midwife suggested it to her:

the following are to be taken separately with at least 15 minutes interval during labour.

Actaea Racemosa 9ch 10 drops every half and hour to help regulate the contractions. STOP if the contractions are too close together.
Caulophyllum 9ch 10 drops to be taken every half an hour. Helps dilate the cervix
Gelsemium 9ch 10 granules at 4cm and 8cm dilatation.

any thoughts?
1) yes, I do think of hairloss with rhogam
2) nope, don't know anything about those homeopathics. Sound interesting though
3) wow, that's long time to wait to hear the heartbeat! Glad everything went so smoothly for you!

User Tag List