Just wanted too share my Circ story.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-05-2007, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am probably one of the VANEST ppl you ladies will ever know. I am all about apprearance, and follow the Culture social status, about just how perfect we should look* silly me * Whatever that means..I had too dhare my story about when I had Nic Cric'd.. That was one of the WORST moments in my life ever. Chris and I fought over this BIG TIME.. He wanted it done, and I did not want it done I read alot horror stories... He said he would be made fun of in the locker room, and so on, and so on..I caved and said ok..Plus, since he KNOWS I am all about appearance and am very vain about it, he knew where too push buttons.. Anyway. I remember 2 days after my section I was sitting in my recovery room filling out his baby book while the nurse was taking my Vitals. I heard this baby cry, and I swear my milk came in full force, and it broke my heart too hear the way this baby cried. I said too the nurse, well someone sure is not happy... The nurse looked at me, and she said.. Yeah, that is NIC, getting his circ done............. OOOOOOOOOOOOO MY GOD, I thought I would die from heartbreak. They told me it would NOT hurt him.. How could they lie too me like that. No baby cries like that for no reason ( except too say hey, this really hurts )
Anyway.. My instructions of care were too LEAVE IT ALONE, it will heal on it's own.. So being the first time mom too a BOY.. I left it alone.. A month after it was done the skin just did not look right.. So, I asked Chris if this looked right, and he said I don;t think so.. The skin had reattached itself, and grew over funny.. * I hate myslef to this day * because they not only had too fix him once in 6 months of his life, but 3 times!!! Each time was done with them forcefully pulling back his foreskin, and the blood * this poor baby boy *..The 3rd time they did it, I ignored them and applied diaper cream at every change, and made sure I pulled it back at least every 3 diaper changes.
This time around.. I will NOT let anyone touch my sons penis, and if Chris has issues with it, well he can pack his bags, and hit the road. Iknow this sounds harsh, but too think what *I* put my son through.. over being Vain..Not worth it if ya ask me. Sometimes in my EYES only, not speaking or degrading anyone who wants too do this.. things are just better left alone!

I am not saying it is an awful terrible thing too do too your son, but I was MISS INFORMED big time on how too care for him. I listened too the docs, even through I read numerous things saying too apply some kind of cream yadda yadda..But I listened too the Ped..Anyway.. Just sharing why ******* will not be circ'd..
#2 of 8 Old 01-05-2007, 05:47 PM

thanks for sharing that. i'm so sorry you had so many issues, your poor baby boy! my dh and i had not made up our minds about this issue becuase we were pretty sure we were having a girl.

after my son was born, i said to myself "how could i let anyone CUT my son's perfect little body?"

and that was the end of that. and i am soooo happy i did that. my son's genitals are his and his alone and i have no right to let anyone CUT OFF a part of his body. (he's quite fond of his penis too) i really do have to question the inherent violence in cutting off part of the sexual organs of a baby.

and my dh is really happy about not having it done either.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#3 of 8 Old 01-05-2007, 06:07 PM

i can only hope my dh gets over himself. i already said i don't want it getting done. he's going to have a hell of a time going against me.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#4 of 8 Old 01-05-2007, 07:23 PM

It takes courage to share your story. I'm so thankful our first was a girl, or I would be saying something similar. I believe it really helps to speak out when you're a parent that regrets circing, it's a really powerful message to those who are on the fence.

Keri, wife to Tony, mom to five DDs: M ('96), S('01), E('04), A('07) and J('10);
#5 of 8 Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 AM

I was very lucky in that dh isn't circed as it never was a question. I can't imagine if I had been with someone else. I would have had no clue either and everyone else I have ever known has circed. I know I would be carrying some serious guilt now had things been different.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#6 of 8 Old 01-06-2007, 12:28 AM
A&A

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm proud of you for leaving your new baby intact.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#7 of 8 Old 01-06-2007, 02:04 AM

:
#8 of 8 Old 01-06-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanielayne View Post
I was very lucky in that dh isn't circed as it never was a question. I can't imagine if I had been with someone else. I would have had no clue either and everyone else I have ever known has circed. I know I would be carrying some serious guilt now had things been different.
Ditto. If my husband wasn't intact I would have followed what I thought was "normal" and never questioned whether or not a circ had to be done.

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page