Soon-to-be Tandem Nursing Mama Check In! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is everyone? We are still nursing. She will *never* stop! Actually she has been nursing more this week than normal. I have been having serious contracts when she nurses and for about 15 minutes afterwards. They are strong! I have been asking around to see if anyone has thought that their babies came earlier from nursing contracts but no one seems to think so. I have been curious because I feel I may have brought ds2 earlier than he would have come from doing nipple stim. He was at least 1 week earlier than either of my others. There don't seem to be many studies about it. Hope everyone is well!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#2 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 05:45 PM

We are still nursing here. Only once a day though now. I want her to hang on till 3 but I'm starting to get worried about nursing 2 ... we will see....

I haven't had any contractions LOL yet.
#3 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 06:31 PM

i'm sort of a tandem nurser already - i just haven't had both babies at the breast at the same time yet! but i got to nurse Asher for the first time yesterday, so i'm "officially" part of the tandem nursing club (instead of pumping for one and nursing the other!)

my friend who is a midwife says that nursing and PTL aren't really so highly correlated (which makes me feel much better!) and the doctors knew that i was nursing when i was in for false labour at 28 weeks (I had Asher at 30 weeks), and never told me to stop.
#4 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 06:46 PM

still nursing my 13m old so hopefully she holds out till then. i'm sooo excited

Jarrod & Nataleigh Est. 2004
DD Jayde 2005
DS William 2007
DD Lilleigh 2008
DS Edward 2010
DS Mikah 2012
Due July 2013
#5 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Count me in. Maya (3.2) has been nursing more than ever. We were down to once a day, and now it has been as many as 6. It is looking more and more like a C-birth for me (baby is transverse/breech and the hospital doesn`t want to do that with a VBAC...) I am feeling OK about it, but worry about nursing after. Maya was an emergency C and it was painful to hold her and nurse. My other concern is Maya was going to sleep right next to me, but recently wants to be held tight, and she likes to hold on to my arm. I live in Japan and was in the hospital for a week last time, and it will be about the same this time.

On the bright side I no longer wonder if she will keep nursing, so tandem nursing here I come!
Kathryn
#6 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Once a day here, naptime, plus injuries if needed... she's started calling my bellybutton "milk" too. And if you ask her where her milk is, she points to her belly button and not her nipples.

Kath, we're waiting on this one to flip back head down too. Frustrating to wait!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#7 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 08:42 PM

I only nurse when she asks which recently has been every other day or so. We will see if she wants milk when baby arrives.
#8 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 09:21 PM

We're nursing here too, it's still only about 1-3 times a day - always at bedtime but occasionally he'll nurse first thing in the morning and/or at naptime. At this point I just don't want him to forget how, because once my milk comes in I'm sure he'll be pretty interested again!! When he nurses a lot he gets really mushy poop... so if it's only briefly at bedtime I don't want to complain TOO much!

I get some good BH too but they aren't painful... definitely enough to notice. I have lucked out with nipple pain, haven't had much of it but lately it feels like his latch is way off and his teeth are grinding into my nipples! (I don't think they are though because when I can actually see what he's doing, he's doing it just fine!) But then the next day it's better. He swallows too so I am sure he's getting something!

I keep telling him that when the baby comes out she will get nursies and I will have a lot of nursies for him too, as much as he wants. He pointed to my belly button and said "Baby, out?" I had to tell him the baby comes out Mama's bottom.
#9 of 11 Old 01-07-2007, 10:06 PM

We're still going too. I think we'll make it despite that fact that my nipples hurt. I've had a few bh contrax while dd was nursing but not often. I'm proud to have made it this far! Joyful Mama, congrats on nursing Asher for the first time. That must have felt great.
#10 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Mama View Post
i'm sort of a tandem nurser already - i just haven't had both babies at the breast at the same time yet! but i got to nurse Asher for the first time yesterday, so i'm "officially" part of the tandem nursing club (instead of pumping for one and nursing the other!)
Congratulations on Asher's first nursing!!! That is such wonderful news! I hope he can come home with you really soon!
#11 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 01:12 PM

Hayden is hanging on, too. He's almost 19 months and nurses 2-3 times a day. Usually one good one, esp. if I wake him up before I go to bed. I get bh's, but nothing too painful. He's been doing this weird latch-on, latch-off, latch-on, well you know, so sometimes my nips get a little tired out. He has started nursing for owies, so I know he still needs it.
I can't wait to be able to give Hayden milk again. I feel that he has been jipped of the good stuff (not that colostrum isn't good) but he would be nursing more if there was milk.

CD(DONA), Wife to Jason, Momma to Xander (7), Hayden (5), & Hanna (4)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page