Anyone here have a scheduled C-section? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2007, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due Feb 4th and I am 36 weeks along. My doctor scheduled me for a c-section on Jan 30th which is 39 weeks and 2 days but my daughter is already 7 bls at 36 weeks.

I am VERY short and petite so she is hurting me really badly. I have no room left and I swear I feel her every move and it is painful.

Anyone else have a scheduled c-section? If so how early from your due date? I wish and PRAY my doctor would move mine up but they will not unless I just go. I have been dilated to 2.5cms since 30 weeks and it seems like she is content on staying in now. Go figure right? lol

Traci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 04:53 AM

I wasn't, but I had a friend who was in your position (dialted early) and she went full term and delivered naturally. I don't really know anyone IRL that has been scheduled...sorry.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:12 AM

What is the reason you are scheduled?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Two prior c-sections so they will not and refuse to let me go naturally. The last two were due to pre-eclampsia but so far this pregnancy it has stayed away.

Traci
Old 01-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Is it an option to go into labor on your own so the babe will chose his/her birthdate, getting the benefits of good labor hormones and then have a section?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportychicky View Post
I am due Feb 4th and I am 36 weeks along. My doctor scheduled me for a c-section on Jan 30th which is 39 weeks and 2 days but my daughter is already 7 bls at 36 weeks.

Traci - how did they fit a scale in your uterus ? J/k hjonestly. but really - how do you know how big the baby is?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:21 PM

I have had 2 friends who have had scheduled c-births...one had placenta previa & went into labor naturally at 35 weeks (didn't make the original plans) and the other had 2 prior c-births...her OB was similar in thought as yours...I think the baby was born at 38 or 39 weeks.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:26 PM

I have NFL friends that have choose not to VBAC. It can be a hard choice.

I hope everything goes well. Some that are having/will like this article and it might help you heal from previous ones.

http://society.guardian.co.uk/health...656341,00.html
Old 01-08-2007, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post
Traci - how did they fit a scale in your uterus ? J/k hjonestly. but really - how do you know how big the baby is?

My perinatlogist did measurements via 4d ultrasound and gave me the weight. They were always spot on with my other ones when they did this and trust me I can tell she is HUGE I can hardly breath especially when laying down.

I wish I had the decision for a vbac but after 2 c-sections already and 2 other uterus surgeries to remove some tumors my uterus is too thin for me to really try. So c-section for me it is!

Traci
Old 01-08-2007, 06:03 PM

I have one scheduled but am not going in for it. It is for 39/1 day. I've had 2 also but have a m/w this time.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:42 PM

Traci, I hope all goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:21 AM

Hi traci,
I am scheduled for a section at 39 weeks (Feb. 6) due to placenta previa. I don't know what happens if I start to go into labor before that. I am meeting the OB for the first time next week to figure all of that out. I wish you a positive birthing experience and a healthy & beautiful new baby.
Monica
Old 01-09-2007, 07:53 AM

I am not scheduled.... yet .... but baby is transverse/breech and the hospital doesn`t want to go VBAC with baby not in head down. I live in Japan where the medical system is obviously different. I am exploring options to turn, but am keeping an open mind about things.

IF it is scheduled my DH mentioned the 30th as a nice day, he gets some paternity leave and then there is a 3 day weekend here in Feb. so he could have a longer time at home. Last time he got a month off, (at reduced salary) but we just can`t afford that this time.

Hugs and blessings for a speedy recovery.
Kathryn
Old 01-09-2007, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the well wishes on the speedy recovery - same to those that will be having a c-section as well.

Traci

User Tag List