"wasted" nesting energy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-08-2007, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At least my craft supplies are organized now! My gloriously stuffed walk-in craft closet is my little haven of calmness, so really it wasn't "wasted" I guess.
#2 of 10 Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM

That is great! With ds 1 I cleaned out a room so we could have a roomate. The house was a wreck.
#3 of 10 Old 01-08-2007, 03:39 PM

With dd I had a spurt of nesting and basically went and bought bathroom rugs, then it was over. Poor dh was really looking forward to the nesting.

This time, it hasn't hit yet, though I feel like one will be coming on soon.

Mama of three.

#4 of 10 Old 01-08-2007, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

I've had just about NO energy with moving and all (my favorite 3-letter word to do in the bedroom is now NAP ). There are boxes and things all over where they don't belong, I get a little burst of energy, and it all goes to the closet. I'm hoping there's more, because the kitchen needs some serious unpacking.
#5 of 10 Old 01-08-2007, 05:54 PM

I had a surprising amount of energy this morning, and without coffee, to boot (!!) and got together some laundry for the new baby, as well as organizing a few of the boxes we have sitting around that need to go down to the storage locker.

I wondered if it was too early to show any signs of nesting, and am relieved to find out that some of you are experiencing the same feelings!
#6 of 10 Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM

I would need a week of 24/7 nesting around here to get this place looking even halfway ok...
#7 of 10 Old 01-08-2007, 07:52 PM

My house is shaping up since I have been in nesting period for several weeks. My DH isn't too happy since he is the one who has to tote all the stuff to our backyard shed Oh well, at least it is out of the house for a while. My next big project is the playroom/computer/craft room AKA our formal living room. That is this weekend!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#8 of 10 Old 01-09-2007, 12:52 AM

i've got all the babes clothes and diapers washed and put away. i've been making beds every morning and keeping stuff super clean as i don't want to go into labor and come home to a messy house. with ds1 i rearranged the entire living room by putting the furniture on my slippers and sliding it around on our hardwood floors.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#9 of 10 Old 01-09-2007, 03:27 AM

Well craft stuff is the fun stuff to organize! I have been working everywhere but dh has to help put stuff in storage and he hasn't had time yet. I can see him moving everything out as I am in labor because I freak out on him about it! I worked on my room today because I have to have one room I know is clean that I can labor in!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#10 of 10 Old 01-09-2007, 12:29 PM

Oh I wish nesting was a source I could tape into when I wanted to organize things! It's been great, for about 2 weeks I've organized a lot of the mess in this house. I need to get around to the diapers and clothes for the baby tho . My mother has been having nesting hormones too or something, I actually don't care either. She comes over once a week and cleans our fridge of the leftovers we've let go moldy n things and cleans those dishes out -- DH and I have not complained an inch on that! Now if only my toddler would catch a little of the nesting vibe and clean up on her own :.

Sarah :c) ~ love.gif Emily (8) orngbiggrin.gif  Toby (5) angel2.gif Bean (7/2012)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page