went to labor and delivery sat night..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2007, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well it all started friday I got this horrible backache that would not go away! I started running a fever that night and woke up sat morning and was just feeling tired, I couldnt get comfy all night friday! so around 11 or 12 i got up and cleaned up a little bit then I noticed the first signs of tighness in my tummy....first they were pretty manageable like bh contrax, but i noticed they were regular about every 20 min pretty far apart so i diddnt thing anything of it. It stayed that way for a couple hours then before i knew it they were 8 minutes apart and getting kinda strong, so i told dh that i was gonna get in the shower and see if they go away. Well when I got in the shower they got sooo strong and painful I couldnt even stand up! I had to get on my hands and knees just to be halfway comfy! They seemed to get closer together too! So of I got out of the shower and timed the contrax....oh shit they are 4 minutes apart and STRONG!!! So I thought I should lay down for a little bit and my husband told me he is taking me to the hosp. so we went to the hosp and of course they hooked me up to the moniters and all that crap and the nurse told me i was contracting every 4 mins and my bp is high she checked my cerv. I wasnt dialated but was getting ''mushy'' so they kept me on the moniters for a few hours and the contrax stayed at 4 min apart they gave me a shot of tributaline to stop the contrax and sent me home!! they said i wasnt far enough along for them to let me have the baby and because its a boy he needs to stay in because boys take longer to develop than girls do!! I just want this baby out already! Im miserable!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 04:01 PM

Sorry you had to go through all that; I've heard the terbutaline can make you feel terrible, too. Hopefully you will get some relief soon!

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
Old 01-09-2007, 04:14 PM

The end is so hard!! I'm due the same day as you... nothing is happening with me though, just saw the doctor this morning. Everything is high, thick and closed. I hope you are feeling better... it's hard taking care of a little one while this pregnant!!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:31 PM

I am glad you are able to relax a little while longer and let baby cook! I wish you didn't have to go through all that though!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
Old 01-09-2007, 05:58 PM

Oh wow, that sounds like a rough time! I'm glad they were able to stop it!

BTW I didn't know boys took longer to cook...interesting!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 PM

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm also due on the 7th. Had my midwife appt today. They don't do the *check* but I know I'm not anywhere near delivery (at least not for four more weeks. ).

I find it interesting what they said about boys vs girls since my boys were all born at an earlier gestation than my girls, LOL.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-09-2007, 06:37 PM

Early boys seem to have a weaker lung system & a weaker suck cycle. I am sorry that you had to go through all that at the hospital, but he really needs to stay in there a bit longer You can do it!!!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad8 View Post
I find it interesting what they said about boys vs girls since my boys were all born at an earlier gestation than my girls, LOL.

I find this interesting too. My ds was the only one of mine who came before his due date, just by one day, but all my girls went a week or more over. My ds had a great suck and nursed very well too...

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Old 01-09-2007, 06:59 PM

did they check you for a UTI? you said you have a fever and this can bring on early labor.

if not, i would get checked ASAP.

ummm, i'm not sure what "they" were talking about but, you are 36 weeks already. how about asking your care provider for some stratagies for keeping labor at bay... and a shot of steriods for baby's lungs while you're at it... and i would relax, 36 weeks is considered full term. my best friend's baby was born at 36 weeks and she was small but completely fine. went home the next day.

(i would recommend taking frequent baths with 2 cups of epsom salts in it, lots of rest, plenty of water and protein... sometimes babies come early because they are "hungry" so make sure you are getting enough to drink and eat... and get that UTI thing checked out)

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

User Tag List