Nothing is happening... nothing atall... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw my doc today, I'll see her weekly now til the birth. We did cultures today and she checked my cervix while she was down there, and it's posterior, thick and closed, and baby's head is high. And I was just posting about being in denial about having a baby! Maybe that's why! I figured it was a little soon for anything to be happening with me, as I went 41 weeks with DS. (I'm 36 now.)

I did tell her I was going to stay home as long as possible, even if my water breaks. She said if it broke now, she would be worried about a prolapse since the baby's head is pretty high up. I reassured her I knew what to do if there was a presenting part and I would most definitely be on the phone with her and getting help! Besides, she broke my water with DS and told me he had one tough bag of waters... I'm probably eating slightly more protein this time around so I'm not too worried about that happening before it should. I told her I would be more likely to get into a good labor pattern if I could relax at home, rather than sitting in the hospital waiting, and she agreed.

But the great, awesome, happy news is that my blood pressure is excellent (was on BP meds at 31 weeks last time), it's better than it is when I'm not pregnant, and that is great... it will take a lot of stress off me at the end I'm sure!! I also mentioned my hip/pelvic pain, and since she is an osteopath, she checked my alignment and it's all fine - nothing out of place. Gave me some stretches/exercises to do. At least my back doesn't hurt on top of everything else!
#2 of 10 Old 01-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Sounds like a great appt. and it sounds like you get to stay in denial for awhile.
#3 of 10 Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Good news! You can just relax and enjoy these last few weeks!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#4 of 10 Old 01-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Totally enjoy these last few weeks!! I can't believe that time is just zipping by for us!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#5 of 10 Old 01-09-2007, 05:29 PM

Well it sounds like everything is going well, even if nothing is happening! I think I woke up this morning realizing I have not done one thing for this upcoming event, this darned anemia is making me sooooooo lazy! I hope it starts going away soon. Also I am in a bit of denial as well, 3 kids coming soon! :
#6 of 10 Old 01-10-2007, 12:52 PM

Liz,

It sounds like you are doing fine. As I have said here many time, Vaginal Exams have absolutely no medical value at all and tell you absolutely nothing about when you are going to go into labor.

I can tell you, that I myself gave birth to my first son just 9 hours after being told that I was closed up tight and labor was "at least a week away". A couple of hours later I started having ctx and had a 7 hour labor.

I have also had lots of clients walk around 3-4 cms for a month and not go into labor.

VEs are meaningless.
#7 of 10 Old 01-10-2007, 12:59 PM

just to chime in with the choir a friend of mine had a VE three weeks ago and was told she'd definitely deliver that week. she had her baby on sunday. she was : with the waiting.

VEs are common as mud here, unfortunately. my last one also included my strep b culture (generally we have to get a script, go to a lab -- not a gynae -- and get the swab done there) so i thought something useful was going on got my results today and i'm negative!
#8 of 10 Old 01-10-2007, 02:51 PM

Sounds like it was a good appt! Hopefully some changes will come soon!

Traci
#9 of 10 Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonit View Post
Liz,

It sounds like you are doing fine. As I have said here many time, Vaginal Exams have absolutely no medical value at all and tell you absolutely nothing about when you are going to go into labor.
Yep, it's my thought exactly. I don't even think my doctor usually checks at the end unless you've had a lot of pressure and want to be checked! I feel pretty good for the most part and am content to just keep going as I've been going... the baby will come when the baby is ready!

I've known women to walk around dilated to 3 for weeks too... there still isn't really a good labor predictor. Not even the fetal fibronectin test is that accurate from what I understand!
#10 of 10 Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 PM

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay on thepressure issue, thatis always such a huge relif It sounds like you had a really GOOD appointment Liz, I am so glad too hear allis going so well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page