horrible dreams. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-09-2007, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so the last couple nights in my dreams i go into labor. then all the sudden i wake up with horrible contractions. i don't know how it happens or why, but i am getting so sick of it.

does this happen to anyone else.

another question, if i happen to go into L&D on the day i hit 37 weeks will they let me have the baby or will they stop the contractions and send me home.

Jarrod & Nataleigh Est. 2004
DD Jayde 2005
DS William 2007
DD Lilleigh 2008
DS Edward 2010
DS Mikah 2012
Due July 2013
#2 of 7 Old 01-09-2007, 06:38 PM

37 weeks is full term, they may even let you have the baby at 36 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by e123vg View Post
so the last couple nights in my dreams i go into labor. then all the sudden i wake up with horrible contractions. i don't know how it happens or why, but i am getting so sick of it.

does this happen to anyone else.

another question, if i happen to go into L&D on the day i hit 37 weeks will they let me have the baby or will they stop the contractions and send me home.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#3 of 7 Old 01-09-2007, 07:24 PM

I keep having labor dreams where the baby pops out of my belly shouting at me (yes, THROUGH the skin). I wake up screaming, and there are always braxton hicks.

I can't wait to sleep without nightmares.
#4 of 7 Old 01-09-2007, 07:49 PM

I wonder if you are having contracts and you are incorporating them into your dreams? Maybe some affirmations before sleep would help or positive thinking about contracts so they aren't so horrible? I would think that at 37 weeks it wouldn't be a problem with most docs if you were in labor but it may just depend on the circumstances.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#5 of 7 Old 01-10-2007, 02:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Heh, I bet you are already having the contractions, then incorporating them into your dreams - at least I do this all the time with different thing, like having to pee or the phone ringing. Takes me a bit to wake up and realize it's occuring outside my dreams, lol. As for going into labor at 37 weeks? They'd totally consider you at term and you'd be having a baby - there isn't any reason to try to stop it. I can deliver at home with licensed midwives by 36 weeks.
#6 of 7 Old 01-10-2007, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

you ladies are probably right, i'm probably just incorporating the contractions into my dreams.

i hope i don't go into labor sooner then 37 weeks, my first dd was born only 11 days early and only weighed 6lbs 1oz, i just don't want this baby to be smaller then that.
question: they don't keep babies in the hospital if they are under a certain weight do they...

Jarrod & Nataleigh Est. 2004
DD Jayde 2005
DS William 2007
DD Lilleigh 2008
DS Edward 2010
DS Mikah 2012
Due July 2013
#7 of 7 Old 01-10-2007, 05:29 PM

I have never had thathappen too me, although they have been waking me up though *lol*... As for the baby, I know here I was told once you are completed 36wks, they will not try too stop labor. Not sure what the standard of rule for every where is, but that is what it is for here..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page