Labor Music - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-09-2007, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think we may have discussed this before but I wanted to bring it up again. I want to have some music on hand for the birth to block out my kids voices if they happen to be awake and distracting. I have used Yanni and Enya for my first 2 labors and nothing last time. I keep thinking I might want reggae. For some reason it strikes a chord with me though I think laboring to it would be really funny! (Maybe that is why! I just need a happy release.) I have also though about nature sounds or something. What about everyone else?

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 PM

One of my best friends gave me an ipod for my birthday and I am loading stuff on there to use in labor. I figure I can block everyone out by having it on there Anyway - since I'm Catholic I loaded the Rosary on there, some Christian rock that I enjoy, Johnny Cash (love him), some chants that I enjoy, I have the Earth Mama Angel Baby labor CD so that is on there, still planning on adding some more. Maybe some classical so I'll have a good variety. I've never used music in labor before but one of my best friends gave birth last summer and I was privelaged enough to be there. I loved the music she had on.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#3 of 4 Old 01-09-2007, 10:19 PM

I love Loreena Mckennet, also for my shower I got a cd called dream songs / night songs from Mali to Louisiana. I love it. It is comprised of lullabies from all over the world in different languages set to all different music. It's really great, highly recommended. I also got the angel baby sleep CD and I plan on bringing that too. It is a very gentle and soothing spoken lullaby with music for your baby, but I thought it would be really grounding and beautiful to listen to at the hospital. So, those are my suggestions...let me know what you come up with. Reggae is a great idea....I might add some of that into the mix as well.
#4 of 4 Old 01-10-2007, 08:54 AM

I need to find more - Johnny Cash sounds great - but the music from this video has me just overwhelmed with relaxing feelings about my baby/ birth.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page