Is anyone swimming? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And if so, does it make you feel better?

I am going to go tomorrow. My suit just came in the mail, I hope it fits. I havent been swimming in 12 years, so I am pretty excited about it.
#2 of 13 Old 01-09-2007, 10:32 PM

I went this past week, and it was great! It felt great to stretch out and be weightless. Have fun!
#3 of 13 Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 PM

I am a swim instructor and was in the water for my entire pregnancy...even when I was post term! I can't imagine not having those times to be weightless! I hope you enjoy it!

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#4 of 13 Old 01-10-2007, 01:50 AM

I went earlier this pg but did not have a good time because I ended up swimming around with dd most of the time to keep her entertained while dh had the boys. I hope to go again this or next weekend and tell dh he is going to have all 3! I want to see if I can just float, relax, and enjoy it.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#5 of 13 Old 01-10-2007, 09:27 AM

I LOVE swimming - especially while pregnant.

Unfortunately since I moved here I haven't been able to find a women's only swim time, and I won't swim with men due to religious reasons. So, I am very jealous that you get to go!

Have fun!!
#6 of 13 Old 01-10-2007, 01:26 PM

I went a bunch of times while we were in Miami last week and it was awesome! have fun!
#7 of 13 Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 PM

This is actually the only week I haven't gone! We've had such a brutal winter here that it's some of the only exercise I've been getting and it feels SO good! Stretches everything out gently and my hips are so much happier when I swim. We're in the middle of a blizzard at the moment, otherwise I'd be at the pool right now (it's a few towns over)
#8 of 13 Old 01-10-2007, 07:45 PM

I do water aerobics twice a week. I no longer do all the exercises they do (like ab stuff) because of the baby and my hernia, but I do a lot of floating around and it's great.
#9 of 13 Old 01-10-2007, 08:04 PM

I piddled around in my birth pool over the Christmas holiday, but haven't been swimming, per say. That might be really nice over the next few weeks...our natatorium has a heated pool

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#10 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 04:05 PM

i swam and did water aerobics with our first child and have continued the water aerobics habit this pregnancy. i don't know how women survive pregnancy without getting in the water at least occasionally. There is no replacement for the "weightlessness" of being in water. It gives my hips and back a much-needed break. It also has helped with any swelling i've had (something about the pressure of the water kinda pushing fluid back into circulation). There is also an assortment of stretches and exercises that i do in the water that i just can't duplicate on land...particularly abdominal exercises.
#11 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 06:24 PM

I go to the pool 3 - 4 times a week, it's really the only exercise at this point that I still reallly enjoy.

Shelley, mother, wife, sister, aunt, friend.
#12 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I've been meaning to find an indoor public pool around here, or at least a hotel pool thats easy to sneak into : but realized that I need a maternity swimsuit! Where's a good place to find one in the winter? That doesn't cost much?

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#13 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

^^ absolutely do not buy one from target.com. They have misplaced my package, so I still havent been swimming. I am so sad I could cry. There are no stores close to me that have what I need, so that is why I went online in the first place.

Wah, I really want to swim.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page