Dreading my next app't - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-11-2007, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have my next prenatal on Monday and just stepped on the scales to reveal that I've still not gained any weight since my last visit...they gave me a horrible time over got gaining any at my previous app't as well. I'm just so tired of getting FUSSED at. It's like they are BLAMING me...how can I help this? I'm able to eat pretty well, but then I get sick and it's all lost...I want to ask them WHY they think I would purposely do this to myself...it's NOT fun. I'm getting sick now at least 2-3 times a day...especially at night when basically everything I;ve eatten that day is lost...

The baby is right on track and growing well...the weight is coming off of me evidently.

Just really, really dreading it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-11-2007, 11:26 AM

First big coming your way. I can't imagine how tough it would be to be sick throughout an entire pregnancy. 16 weeks was more than enough for me. Secondly, do not let them get to you!! I have a friend who ended all three of her pregnancies weighing less than when she started. All three of her babies are happy and healthy. The sarcastic person in me would want to tell them that if they have a secret way to gain weight while throwing up all the time then they should have shared it a long time ago. Good luck and try not to stress too much.
#3 of 6 Old 01-11-2007, 04:10 PM

Sorry they are bugging you. I had Hyperemesis w/ DD and never gained and now with this one I have gained 5 lbs, but nothing for the last 3 months. I don't know why and babe is fine, so I try not to get stressed. Hang in there!
#4 of 6 Old 01-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Ugh bummer... can you wear your heaviest clothing and an extra layer, and put rolls of quarters in your pockets?

Seriously though, I'd just weigh myself down and go for it. Wear heavy shoes or something.

It's not "normal" to gain the last month anyway... so if you were to show a slight gain this week, maybe they'd leave you alone for the next few weeks.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#5 of 6 Old 01-11-2007, 05:54 PM

i have the same problem. it's not my fault i don't gain weight. i eat, the babe is growing fine. i wish they'd just get off my back:

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#6 of 6 Old 01-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Don't doctors know that it can be NORMAL for a mom to lose weight while pregnant? Especially if the baby is doing so well? Why add more stress?

Yeah it's YOUR fault you got sick... /sarcasm off...

Tell them to live inside your body for a while and see how it feels!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page