DH/DP nesting?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-11-2007, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think my husband is nesting. Not that it would be a bad thing, but I think he is!! Recently he's been really wanting to get a bunch of junk cleared out of the basement. He also recently did a bunch of computer maintenance on our computers. He finished a closet he's been working on.

The last time I was at the end of a pregnancy, he put in a new furnace and hot water heater! This also entailed knocking down the old chimney and putting in pipes instead!

Funny, I never nested with my son, and I've only very briefly nested with this one! Maybe there is more nesting to come... we'll see!!
#2 of 8 Old 01-11-2007, 06:46 PM

my dp is doing the same. he is trying to get everything organized, got us a bigger bed so we can continue to co-sleep. he is even buying food to make meals that we can freeze. i think he just gets the vibe i'll be having the baby before the edd. hehe

Jarrod & Nataleigh Est. 2004
DD Jayde 2005
DS William 2007
DD Lilleigh 2008
DS Edward 2010
DS Mikah 2012
Due July 2013
#3 of 8 Old 01-11-2007, 06:48 PM

What a guy! I only had a brief spell of nesting this time too, spurred on by the fact that we were having company. I keep waiting for more nesting urges to come on. I NEED those urges and last minute energy!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#4 of 8 Old 01-11-2007, 06:49 PM

I wish!! No really dh is hardly ever home to be nesting around here but he has been spending quite a bit of time trying to get our cars in good running order. Maybe that is the way he is expressing it

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#5 of 8 Old 01-11-2007, 07:10 PM

I had a spell last week. Still haven't finished that global warming project...

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
#6 of 8 Old 01-11-2007, 07:30 PM

I wish!!!!!
My DH just left for a ski trip with his pals in Colorado. Boy am I jealous!

Seriously, DH has been great lately though -- I was sick all week before he left and he made me lots of yummy soups and made lots of tissue runs to CVS for me. He also cleaned out the basement last week, and he has been singing to the baby, which is really cute...

Mama to Charlotte (2/14/07) and Julian (11/27/10) both born at home.
#7 of 8 Old 01-11-2007, 08:08 PM

DH said he wanted to clear out some junk, but hasn't really done it yet. I am just glad he was able to lay the wood floor in the baby's nursery. That & he has to fix my leaking sink in my bathroom. I've been keeping him kind of busy with other things so he hasn't had much time to do his own nesting yet:

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#8 of 8 Old 01-11-2007, 09:43 PM

Mine too! He got our garage all cleaned out and organized which means I am now able to walk in there to get to my mounds of baby/kid stuff. Now I just have to go through it all. He also cleaned the bathrooms and playroom yesterday. Of course the playroom is a mess again, but at least the floor got vacumned!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page