My finger joints ache!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2007, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It started about 2 weeks ago that my left hand's sore and finger joints ache and I couldn't bend my fingers and make it into a fist after waking up.... but it went away after about 30 minutes after waking up and a bit of wiggling. But now my both hands are sore and finger joints hurt.... and sometimes they're like that all day!!

I have to keep moving my fingers in all positions to lessen the discomfort, my ob said last week that it's carpal tunnel syndrom and water retention and didn't really offer any treatment and saying it'll go away after my baby's born.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I feel less and less myself.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had this for a while mostly on my left hand. I pretty much woke up with the middle and ring fingers of my left hand stuck straight. The fingers on my right hand started acting up too. It hurt to bend them and they felt so arthritic. I thought I was supposed to feel pregnant, not old.
I squeezed a stress ball at work to give my hands and fingers a workout. At home, I did the same and continued to wiggle and flex them whenever I was relaxing. I haven't had this problem in a few weeks, so either the exercises worked or it just faded away.

User Tag List