How are your contractions these days? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2007, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister in law had her baby this morning. I have 4 more sister in laws still pregnant and due after me so this year will be rather full. This morning we went to the hospital to visit her and then to Costco. I swear I can't do anything without getting contractions! Rather strong ones sometimes. Just pushing the cart with dd was enough to make me have to walk slowly and try to do kegels and keep my legs together (not that that would do anything but it helps psychologically). Then I had to go home and lay down for a few hours. I'm pathetic. I'm due Valentines day. I'd really like to wait until atleast 37-38 weeks to have the baby.

Anybody else getting contractions from *everything*?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 AM

i get them every time i leave the house! sitting in the car, walking, ANYTHING brings them on. i think it's psychological, i just really want to stay home all the time at this point, LOL.

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
Old 01-13-2007, 01:33 AM

Ooh, send them all my way, please! I've only been getting 2 or 3 a day, and even then I'm like . . . hmm . . . was that really a contraction?
I'm so ready for baby now, but I guess baby's not quite cooked.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
Old 01-13-2007, 02:03 AM

I just posted about some really strong ctx I got from nursing last night! DS nursed again tonight but it didn't really trigger anything at all. Funny how it's different! Some days I seem to get more than others. I'm not sure why! Today things were pretty quiet.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:34 AM

I don't know what to think about mine. They're pretty non-issue right now. I mean, my stomach gets hard as a rock several times a day, but I don;t feel any intensity or pain or anything. That's just BH, right? They do come more often shopping than being home.

I actually find myself wondering if I'm missing out when others talk about intense ones because then they've said it'll make labor go faster! But then I tell myself to chill out and not play mindgames with myself. Right, like any pregnant woman can help herself with THAT.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Well with DD1 I never had *any* pain with contractions until the doctor put me on pitocin (without telling me). This time around my midwives won't be doing that and I'll have to see at what they feel like naturally - some women they just get strong but not painful.

Before the pitocin, the real labor contractions differed in that they made me pause and catch my breath a bit. I couldn't ignore them the way I could BH
Old 01-13-2007, 05:07 PM

I haven't noticed anything except for something that felt like mentrual cramps for a few moments last week. Baby moves a lot, so maybe I'm feeling BH and thinking it's the baby. This is my first pregnancy and I'm at 35 weeks. Does anyone else NOT have contractions at this point?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:13 PM

I've had some BH and I think I may have had a few contractions across by back but other than that, zilch. I never had any pre-labor with my daughter so even this little bit is fascinating (IMO)
Old 01-13-2007, 06:03 PM

I've had some BH here & there but nothing super noticeable - I'm 35 weeks too.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:07 PM

Last time around I had one night of BH contractions at 38 weeks, and then virtually nothing until I went into actual labour at 41 weeks. And my entire labour from the first contraction that woke me up until ds was born was only 13 hrs (only 4 hrs of really intense labour) so I don't think no early contractions always = hard birth.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
Old 01-14-2007, 02:46 PM

I mainly get them when I am worn out or pushing the shopping cart. Otherwise, they are not really noticeable.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:58 PM

Y'all can send your contractions over to the January DDC! We are ready to deliver! I am getting cx consistently, every night, starting around 8pm. They last until 11 or so and then trickle off. Last night they started earliler and were more consistent and I really though this might be it. But no. I will be pregnant forever!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

User Tag List