Is too much movement a bad thing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-14-2007, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the last few days my son has been very actvie, more so then what his normal movement pattern is. i used too feel him at 8am, early monring kick, then sometime around early afternoon, around lunch time.. then quiet until maybe 8 pm, then active, then quiet until 2am.. Lately he has been very *restless* is how I might put it.. I feel him like every hr on the hr for the past few days..I am sort of crampie, loads of braxton hicks going on, some are pretty strong , but only down low, sometimes I will feel a bit of a bite to them in my lower back too butt <--* these are few and far between though *
He is very head down.. not like tons of pressure, but he is HEAD DOWN.. I am just wondering if this change in activity is ok?
I have my doppler, and his heart rate *SOUNDS* ok.. I do not have the doppler with the read out, but sounds ok.
I called L&D too ask this question, and the nurse there said Movement is good, it is lack of movement they check for.. But wanted too see what you ladies have too say, I tend too trust y'all, more then the med professionals these days *sigh*..
#2 of 11 Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 PM

I was wondering the same thing with DS... and nope, nothing wrong with it... it turns out I have a VERY active and energetic DS! I was getting weekly NST's the last time at the end because of my BP meds and the strips were practically solid black in places because he was kicking so much that it was hard to keep pressing the button often and fast enough!
#3 of 11 Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

OOOOOOOO That is such sweet relief too read!! I guess I was hoping too hear, he could be getting ready too come out, but thats ok too , if he has too wait a while longer.. Thank you dear!
#4 of 11 Old 01-14-2007, 09:55 PM

My DS is super duper active too! Sometimes I just beg with him to please stop moving for 5 minutes so that I can relax. Unfortunately, there's no reasoning with him!

Luckily I know I can make it at least another 2 1/2 weeks until he's full term. Just gotta stay positive.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#5 of 11 Old 01-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Missy - no problem!! DS was born at 41 weeks, and was induced. Sarah - one night I remember being kicked in the same place for so long that I was walking the hall in tears trying to get him to stop!! So all the activity did not cause labor to start early at all...
#6 of 11 Old 01-14-2007, 10:51 PM

I have sometimes thought my babies were having seizures. I got Sheila Kitzinger's pregnancy book this time and she talks about how women feel that way near the end. I guess b/c the movements are so pronounced? And baby can jump around so it feels really weird.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#7 of 11 Old 01-15-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh_mom View Post
Missy - no problem!! DS was born at 41 weeks, and was induced. Sarah - one night I remember being kicked in the same place for so long that I was walking the hall in tears trying to get him to stop!! So all the activity did not cause labor to start early at all...
Well that's good to know. He get hiccups at least once a day, and shimmies up so he can shove his butt in my ribs.

I told Brad last night that I'll miss having him inside, but I won't miss having him inside. I'm looking forward to holding him.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#8 of 11 Old 01-15-2007, 11:34 AM

my son was really active. i mean really. this baby is much less so. seems very calmed by movement, music, the sound of my voice, etc... but sometimes that means not much movement for the whole day.... scary.

but this lack of movement makes me hopeful this baby will sleep a bit more than my son... who did not sleep and still has sleep issues.

and it's kinda cool, when i say in my mind "hey baby, what's up i haven't felt you move for hours" i usually feel a little kick in about 2 minutes. it's very cute.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#9 of 11 Old 01-15-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybeedreams View Post

but this lack of movement makes me hopeful this baby will sleep a bit more than my son... who did not sleep and still has sleep issues.

and it's kinda cool, when i say in my mind "hey baby, what's up i haven't felt you move for hours" i usually feel a little kick in about 2 minutes. it's very cute.

: I totally agree HoneyBD. This is what I am experiencing also.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#10 of 11 Old 01-16-2007, 05:59 PM

I asked my mw about this last week. Apparently it's actually a good sign, that the baby is moving voluntarily more, rather than just having "active periods" Which makes sense...it does seem that newborns have some involuntary movement during active awake or active sleep periods; it's not all well-controlled yet.
#11 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 05:04 AM

It's so comforting to see that all of you have active DS's, too! Mine has me up right now. This is the third night in a row that I just can't sleep cause he's soo busy! And it's not just at night, he's plenty busy during the day, too!

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page