I'm so frustrated because a) my OB never even came to check me and b) because I'm STILL at it. I never dilated past 3cm with DS#1 and I'm afraid I won't with this one. And how good is it for the baby to be going through this for 5 days now? I'm worried it is stressing him too much.
I just want it to either STOP for now or do SOMETHING progressive.
I have an app't at 1:30 today, but I just know they won't give me any advice or suggestions...WHY did I not just change OBs?
(I don't want to be induced, but I am worried about how long I've been doing this...contracting so hard sometimes every 30 seconds...and what it is doing to the baby.)
If something doesn't feel right to you, trust your instincts. Some babies just take a bit longer in the early stage to efface/dilate & then start active labor quickly & very efficiently.
Keep us posted.
A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.
also, did they check you for a UTI? sometimes a UTI can cause painful contractions.
otherwise, rest and drink lots of water.
"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Oliver
Thanks for all of the advice and info. mamas! I am going to try and take it easy and drink tons. I don't want to rush things either, but I was so worried about how this was affecting the wee one.
|34 members and 17,985 guests|
|agentofchaos , aparent , bananabee , Boodah'smama , contactmaya , CricketVS , danzergurl00 , delightedbutterfly , easydoesit , emmy526 , Fluffer , girlspn , happy-mama , Janeen0225 , kathymuggle , Laurel83 , Leire Rodriguez , mckittre , Michele123 , mkat , moominmamma , NaturallyKait , pokeyac , pulcetti , Radical_Softness , Ramona Barbosa , RollerCoasterMama , Saladd , shantimama , Sihaya , sren , Thatmom , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|