Breech again - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone please duct tape this baby head down? I'm 37 weeks now, so it's about time to decide to stay down... *nudge baby*

This whole up/down/up/down thing is driving me nuts, nevermind how uncomfy it is to have feet sticking out the sides of my hips!

Really missing the butt and feet in my ribs too, breathing is hard with a head in the way!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#2 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 02:39 PM

I'll be 37 wks tomorrow and you're not alone...mine puts his head in or on my ribs and it HURTS!!! Last night I walked around with a frozen bag of raspberries on that spot, and he still wouldn't move!

I crawled around on the floor a lot, and still nothing happened.

It's getting frustrating, not to mention a tad worrisome.
#3 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 04:56 PM

Ya know a week ago I would have loved for my son too stay breech, but since he is head down NOW.. He seems too be a flipper and a flopper, so he better stay down.. I feel MUCH more relief.. Hoping your peanut turns for you!!
#4 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Up, down, up, down...

My dd went head down and stayed there.. from like 30 weeks on... so this is just odd to me

Anyhow, midwife and I decided that maybe baby was trying to communicate to us, so we called the u/s tech.. who came to my house.. which is pretty darn nifty.

I feel like silly mainstream mom, I have my little printout pic and got to see arms and legs and face, and I'm darn giddy by it all. I didn't want any u/s this pregnancy, but now that it's done, and everything is good (placenta good, cord is long, all body parts working, etc) it's a nice sigh of relief..

I'm ok with pushing out a breech baby KNOWING it's just a stubborn babe, though I'd prefer head down myself... and this one went head down on the way to the chiro after I posted this morning, so u/s dude confirmed that, hopefully it'll stick now.

*duct tape to baby head* I figure I've got 0-6 weeks left, right?

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#5 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 11:11 PM

My baby is completely transverse. I keep trying to talk to her and tell her to get into position for an easy birth (ha!), and I do the stretches and exercises, but she is not budging. I thought getting kicked in the ribs by DS was bad, but it's even worse when you have a huge round back up against your lungs, and when the baby stretches out I feel feet by my right ribs and fingers down by my left hip. :

Turn, babies, turn!!! Sending Head-Down vibes your way, Mamas...

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#6 of 7 Old 01-16-2007, 07:11 AM

DecemberSun
I am with you on the transverse, actually the last u/s showed her between transverse and breech. She had been transverse with head the opposite side. I have tried many things and so far nothing. (manual moving, exercise, acupuncture and talking to baby)
My doctor wants to do a scheduled C if she has not turned by the 25th. DD#1 was an emergency C and they are not keen to do a breech, and transverse is out of the question.

Move babies move!
Kathryn
#7 of 7 Old 01-16-2007, 06:55 PM

I've got a transverse, face up, sometimes breech baby. It's driving me crazy. I think I'm going to get an ultra sound on Thursday just to get a visual. Would hate to do all the exercises, massages, and go to the chiropractor if she's in the right position (though I don't think she is). I don't know what I'll do about a homebirth if she's frank breech. I have to go to the hospital if she's footling. Ugh!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page