37 week check... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-16-2007, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw my doc today and all is well. My GBS came back negative which is what I was hoping, since it was negative the last time as well. She didn't check my cervix this time at all which is fine with me! Nothing is happening anyway, unless you count the big ctx I had while nursing last week. I mentioned those to her, fortunately she is really pro-bf and was not at all surprised to hear that started a bunch! I also told her I was excited about what DS would think when there is milk again! I told her he wasn't ready for mine to dry up when it did. She has always been very supportive of our BF, whether I was pregnant or not. She was happy with my BP too, and said "We'll just let you go into your very own labor!" And that going into labor anytime now would be perfect!

Baby is way up in my neck I swear, I am so short of breath today!!

So, back again in another week...
#2 of 5 Old 01-16-2007, 06:04 PM

Glad everything went well!

But why do you have to go back next week? Or is that normal? (I mean, do docs set up weekly appts in the last month? I thought it was supposed to be every other week.)
#3 of 5 Old 01-16-2007, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Hello Firefly - most docs that I've known who do OB care see their pregnant patients weekly at 36 weeks. Mine does the same. Although mine doesn't do weekly cervical checks (YAY!), just does the usual weight, bp, urine dip, fundal height, measurement, FHT, etc.

I don't mind though because I really like her, she's really positive and it's always nice
#4 of 5 Old 01-16-2007, 09:44 PM

The midwives and ob's here (on the Canadian side) see you weekly after 36 weeks too.
#5 of 5 Old 01-17-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh_mom View Post
Hello Firefly - most docs that I've known who do OB care see their pregnant patients weekly at 36 weeks. Mine does the same. Although mine doesn't do weekly cervical checks (YAY!), just does the usual weight, bp, urine dip, fundal height, measurement, FHT, etc.

I don't mind though because I really like her, she's really positive and it's always nice

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page