Spotlight on Bikruca!! 11/17-11/19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Time to turn the spotlight to one of our twin mommies - Bikruca! Someone pass the tiera, but she could probably use some chocolate cake too!

Most importantly - congrats to making it to full term with twins!! That is a great accomplishment!

What are you most enjoying about this pregnancy?
Where is your ideal place to live?
What is your favorite book?

Enjoy your time in the spotlight!
#2 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 03:57 PM

mmm chocolate cake sounds really good right now! I am so excited to be in the spotlight!

What are you most enjoying about this pregnancy?

I left work a lot earlier this time, and I have really enjoyed having time to spend around the house, with my family and napping. I am much healthier than I was last pregnancy and much more in tune with my body. It can be hard to find the good things though because overall this pregnancy has been harder on my body, and being labelled "high risk" is no fun. I am really glad that this pregnancy has forced me into looking at UC as I am really excited to take sole responsibility for my birth.

Where is your ideal place to live?

I really like where I am right now. We bought our house this year and the neighbourhood is just perfect. If we were to move it would probably be to somewhere else in Canada, maybe BC or Alberta. I also have always thought about australia but I have never even been so I am not sure if I would want to live there without checking it out first haha, and being that far from family would be tough! The only thing I don't like here is winter (I think I have S.A.D, and I get kinda depressed during the winter), but this year our winter has been almost non existant and I must admit that I kind of MISS it...

What is your favorite book?

I don't do a lot of reading these days, but I just read a book called "the birth house" and LOVED it.. seriously go out and read it, it was AWESOME!

Keep the questions coming, this is fun!!
#3 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 04:26 PM

Congrats on carrying twins!

Were you born and raised in Canada?

Are you planning on going back to work after the babies come?

Do you like to cook?
#4 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 04:33 PM

Congrats on carrying twins!

Thank you!

Were you born and raised in Canada?

Yes I was, I was born in Winnipeg Manitoba, but have lived here in southern Ontario since I was a child.

Are you planning on going back to work after the babies come?

Well I get a year off to figure it out... and I do have a decent job to go back to at the end of my 52 week leave. When I think about the cost for daycare for three children though, yikes. I think we will have to do some number crunching in a few months to see what will work.

Do you like to cook?

I used to, until I married DH. He is such a picky eater it really takes the joy out of cooking. I used to be vegan and have all sorts of cool recipies. I married a man who is really picky about vegtables (will eat ceaser salad and a few pizza toppings) and meat (won't eat meat on bones, ham, or really most meat that isn't breaded or between two slices of bread) and many many other things. And he complains we always eat pasta haha...
:
#5 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 05:50 PM

Hi Bikruca!

What is the meaning of your screen name?
What is your favorite hobby?
Do you have names picked out for your daughters?
What is your favorite music?
#6 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 09:09 PM

What is the meaning of your screen name?
I made it up when DH and I got a joint E-mail account a few years back. BIK is his "nickname", Ruca is from a favorite song of mine by Sublime.

What is your favorite hobby?
I spend way too much time online. I like to sew, but I am not a very neat sewer so I need to keep learning before I can make anything nice.

yes I do we aren't sharing them with anyone IRL yet, and it is driving my mom crazy haha. The names are Kaedra August Lily and Lorelei Rose

What is your favorite music?
hmm,... I don't listen to a lot of my own music these days haha.. the car tunes all seem to be DS'

I like Jazz, Reggae, rock.. lots of fun stuff..
#7 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 09:17 PM

Love the names, very beautiful!

What is your favorite movie of all time?

Sorry if you've already mentioned this but do you know if your twins are identical?

Will you dress them alike?
#8 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 09:37 PM

yes I do we aren't sharing them with anyone IRL yet, and it is driving my mom crazy haha. The names are Kaedra August Lily and Lorelei Rose

Beautiful! I love them! Thanks for telling us!
#9 of 11 Old 01-17-2007, 11:14 PM

Love the names, very beautiful!

Thank you so much, I had a big thread on TAO about how the "August" part of Kaedra's name came to be. It's a longish story but basically my son came up with it haha.

What is your favorite movie of all time?

I really like "the breakfast club" haha and also, "willy wonka and the chocolate factory" but not the creepy new one!

Sorry if you've already mentioned this but do you know if your twins are identical?

No we don't know yet, we suspect fraternal because they are di/di and their placentas are in different locations, but they could still be ID that split very early on. It'll be fun to see if we can tell right away and if not if we have to test or if they start to look different after a while.

Will you dress them alike?

Probably sometimes. I got lots of matching outfits, and I do think that it is kinda cute. But I don't plan on making it an everyday thing. I have mostly been buying outfits that co-ordinate but aren't the same, partly because I buy most things second hand so it wouldn't be possible to get them all matching outfits anyways.
#10 of 11 Old 01-18-2007, 12:45 PM

I love the names and love that your ds came up with part of the names. Thanks for sharing

What would you say are the biggest differences between carrying 1 vs. 2? I've always been curious what it would be like to have twins.

Do twins run in your family or was this a complete surprise?

I have an awful memory, have you already mentioned what work you do?

What is your favorite thing about motherhood?
#11 of 11 Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 PM

What would you say are the biggest differences between carrying 1 vs. 2? I've always been curious what it would be like to have twins.

It's been a lot harder on my body since about week 30, increased pelvic pressure, backache (though that has been much better since they have been vertex/vertex) also the "high risk" label makes dealing with care providers a pain.

Do twins run in your family or was this a complete surprise?

COMPLETE suprise. We weren't even going to do an ultrasound, but DH convinced me to do just one. It was torture being in there for 45 mins while she got her measurments before I could tell DH! The only twins on my moms side of the family are ID, so that shouldn't affect my odds.

I have an awful memory, have you already mentioned what work you do?

I am a retail manager of a cell phone store. Doesn't sound like much but I was pretty proud to be the youngest manager ever in the company, and a female one at that. Of course just months after getting the promotion I told them I was pregnant- with twins- and would be leaving for over a year.. oops.

What is your favorite thing about motherhood?
How much I have learned. I have learned more about my body and myself in getting ready for birth than I ever would have otherwise. And I learn things from my 2 year old daily. He is an extremely smart child, and sometimes you need a child's perspective to see things clearly. And the ability to get excited over silly things again.. it's kinda refreshing to be able to sing and dance when my son wants to use the potty, or when we decide to make a snack, or really all the time hahaha...

Thanks for the questions, this is so much fun!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page