Spotlight on p1gg1e!!! - 1/23-1/25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK everyone time to turn the spotlight on to p1gg1e!! Let's show her lots of love!!

Your username is so cute (although hard to type!) What does it mean?
I know very few adults that were homeschooled, but am always interested in how they feel about it now. Are you glad that you were homeschooled? Will you homeschool your children? (I do homeschool mine, so I am not being sarcastic really, just curious).
What are you doing to prepare DD for the new baby?
#2 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 12:11 PM

Your user name is so cute (although hard to type!) What does it mean?

My user name was from high school ( piggie was taken most of the time ) I had guinea pigs ( I miss them so!)..

I know very few adults that were homeschooled, but am always interested in how they feel about it now. Are you glad that you were homeschooled?

I was in an abusive situation in school for 8.5 years and I refused to go back in the middle of 7th grade. It saved my life. I was so glad that I was. I took classes in high school and transferred them to a charter school it was great I was in public school for 2 hours or what not then did my own thing at home I took band etc. the new district that we moved to was wonderful about working with homeschoolers. I later as an adult found out I was dyslexic so it explained allot about who I am ( well at least a little ) and how I work.

Will you homeschool your children?

Yes, but only if they want to. I want them to enjoy their education and find things that they love in life.

What are you doing to prepare DD for the new baby?

LOL gathering birth supplies..and going to parties this week had a conventional baby shower yesterday (oh so many returns : ) and I have 2 blessingsway's this weekend I'm so excited about these!

Oh and Cleaning cant forget that

Sorry this is so long
#3 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 03:57 PM

What part of having a new baby are you looking forward to the most?
What is you favorite book or favorite genre?
Is your dd excited to be a big sister?
#4 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 04:25 PM

What part of having a new baby are you looking forward to the most? Healing from DD#1 birth..and of course snuggling with a new baby

What is you favorite book or favorite genre?

I don't read much but Ive read the Harry Potter books this year and liked them... before that in high school I read Star Trek books Sci-fi/fantasy..also I like historical books when I've had time to read them.

Is your dd excited to be a big sister?

She doesn't seem to be excited. She hugs my belly allot, but when I ask about her about the baby she says "no" or ignores me . I think she is going to be a good big sister though she loves babies and is vary gentle with them
#5 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 12:18 PM

If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
#6 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 PM

If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?

Up near my parents a few counties away..I know I could pick some place exotic ..I love all the organic local resources and I miss my mommy!
#7 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 03:20 PM

what kind of a birth are you planning? (is that an OK question for a spotlight thread, or too nosy? I really am curious is why i ask, but not curious enough to be disrespectful.... )

Have you got everything you feel that you 'need' to have for new babe's arrival? Could you tell us what those things are?

Will your mom be coming to be with you for your labor and for the birth? Who will be there with you when your babe is born?

-anj119

p.s. (and disclaimer) This is my first time up over in one of these spotlight threads. Being unsure, as I am, of the protocol ..... I would probably be well advised to consult with a fearless leader rather than stride on out here like I have. If I have posed questions which feel too personal in nature, I beg your forgiveness.... If I have been insensitive, or rude or stupid or a bad speller or a motor mouth or if i have had bad breath or funky hair do or if i have inadvertently eaten the last of the muffins and did not even ask if anyone wanted one or if i have been crabby or harsh...... (hey, now *this* is some safety net. hahahahahaa).... then I hope you will forgive me on account of me being a n00b.
#8 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj119 View Post
what kind of a birth are you planning? (is that an
p.s. (and disclaimer) This is my first time up over in one of these spotlight threads. Being unsure, as I am, of the protocol ..... I would probably be well advised to consult with a fearless leader rather than stride on out here like I have. If I have posed questions which feel too personal in nature, I beg your forgiveness.... If I have been insensitive, or rude or stupid or a bad speller or a motor mouth or if i have had bad breath or funky hair do or if i have inadvertently eaten the last of the muffins and did not even ask if anyone wanted one or if i have been crabby or harsh...... (hey, now *this* is some safety net. hahahahahaa).... then I hope you will forgive me on account of me being a n00b.

What kind of a birth are you planning?

I'm having a home birth. I need to heal from DD's birth trama so this birth will be me surrounded by my close friend , SIL and my Mother ( who will hopefully get to catch ) ...and a MW and her apprentice. I hope to deliver in my big fishy pool

After the birth we will cut the cord when I'm ready ( maybe an hour or 2 ) I'll wait till I'm nursing to ease the blow I'm not brave enough to do a lotus birth :

Have you got everything you feel that you 'need' to have for new babe's arrival? Could you tell us what those things are?

Boobs - check
Diapers- check
Birth Supplies - check...
I have everything I "need" , I do have a few things that my friends have made that I'm waiting to touch ... I think I'll be getting most of it at my blessingsway.. I just returned a butt load of stuff to Target and bought a car seat so NOW I have everything I need

Will your mom be coming to be with you for your labor and for the birth? Who will be there with you when your babe is born?

See above
#9 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 10:47 PM

Hi p1gg1e!
I your name too.

Do you currently SAH or WOH?
What's the weather like in your neck of Ohio right now...lots-o-snow?
Do you like to cook?
Do you have names picked out (not that you have to share of course).

Your birth plan sounds just beautiful! I hope you have all the healing you need. I bet you will
#10 of 13 Old 01-25-2007, 01:20 PM

Do you currently SAH or WOH?

SAH though when I'm not about to pop I run errands for a house bound lady but can take DD with me...

What's the weather like in your neck of Ohio right now...lots-o-snow?
we have about 1.5 inches.. though most of this winter has been warm like 40-60 : its been weird and freaky .

Do you like to cook?

Yes but I haven't cook to much lately.. I don't cook anything exotic yet just your basic.. I do love organic foods and health foods. I worked for Wild oats for around 4 years so I've been spoiled...I have pumpkin bread in the oven right now

Do you have names picked out (not that you have to share of course).

Well if its a boy: Oliver
Girl: Violet is one we cant get our of our heads... we will see when we meet them ...cant wait!
#11 of 13 Old 01-25-2007, 01:29 PM

p1gg1e, Violet was top on our list for a long time! We're going with a family name but if we weren't that would have been it! Love it!
#12 of 13 Old 01-25-2007, 01:56 PM

violet is a great name!

how are you coping with a toddler now that you're coming up to the end of pregnancy?

are you concerned about managing two littlies rather than one?
#13 of 13 Old 01-25-2007, 05:14 PM

how are you coping with a toddler now that you're coming up to the end of pregnancy?

Well ok I guess... I've been using the TV more and more ....Today hasn't been the best day.. and I really want to kill the dog : .... so nope not handling it well at all Sigh poor DD I want to give birth just so I feel like bending again and moving...but I'm sure there is worse to come :

are you concerned about managing two littlies rather than one?

Yep I am.. I'm just wishing for spring/summer to be here so we can get outside easy ...But maybe I should answer these questions when I haven't had a day thats felt like I've been doing this all day

Sorry this post is kinda grumpy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page