why is my ds being such a monster? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-23-2007, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
okay, so i know he has been sick. i know he's been trapped in the house with me since last friday.

but geeze! today (he's 4.5 years old) the temper tantrum was over me not crawling on the floor to put a DVD in for him. now this is somehting he was able to operate when he was like 2. yesterday it was over me not carrying him downstairs. he wants me to do all this stuff that's really hard for me to do and he refuses to understand that i really can't keep jumping up everytime he has some need, esp. when it's something he can do for himself.

he used to be SO independant, now he gets SO mad at me for not babying him.

what the he11 am i going to do with him when this baby comes? he's suddenly become the biggest brat.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#2 of 4 Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM

Just stopping by with a hug for you. My ds has been up to the same. I think he senses the time for baby is growing near and therefore he needs to make sure he can still get lots of attention from me. He's doing the baby talk and helpless at dinnertime routine too. Here's hoping that both our boys settle down and enjoy their roles as big brothers - sooner than later!
#3 of 4 Old 01-23-2007, 04:01 PM

It must be an epidemic because dd is doing similiar things. She is suddenly unable to feed herself at meals and thinks throwing toys and hitting me are okay solutions to her anger. I wonder if they can sense a change. I know I haven't been the most attentive mommy for the past few weeks. I seem to need much more time to myself. I hope our dc's all settle down soon. I hate being a cranky mommy.
#4 of 4 Old 01-23-2007, 06:49 PM

I'm sorry!! It's so hard when they are needy and we just don't have much to give! I think the PP's are right on... I definitely feel the need for more quiet time and solitude and just do not have the energy to put into playing/doing other stuff with DS. And I'm sure it's having an effect on him. The problem is, it might not get better for a while even once the baby is born, maybe they do sense a big change ahead. He can be very sweet though, if he catches me crying, he'll come up to me and give me a hug and kiss, and I always tell him that makes Mama feel so much better! (It does!) But there are days when he is really difficult and I think they coincide with the days when I am feeling the most needy or the most reclusive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page