can someone please... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
come rescue me from my toddler?

This is like the neverending day of pushing ALL my buttons and THEN pushing beyond all my limits more than she has ever done EVER...

I'd like to go lock myself in the bathroom or closet or something..

Currently my 2 yr old is "rollerskating" on a 1/2 gallon of popcorn kernels she dumped on the hardwood floors. And the best part? I'm not going to stop her, because while it's a HUGE mess and spans 3 rooms, it means she is occupied and busy and NOT screaming or throwing or hitting or leaving the house via the only door w/o a toddler proof lock.

I need a nanny!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#2 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 06:55 PM

I need to be rescued from mine too. If I find someone who will rescue both of us, I'll get ahold of you ASAP...

This is so hard to do with a 2 year old!! Sometimes I wish I could run away from home, but I don't have the energy even for that...
#3 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Want to fedex them to eachother? Maybe the change of pace would do us both some good.

She's moved on to a box of kleenex. I'm counting the minutes until dh gets home.

#4 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 08:01 PM

Ugh... the endless box of Kleenex... we've experienced that at our house too...
#5 of 13 Old 01-23-2007, 08:26 PM

Yeah we had a bad day here also! Must mean we only have a week to go :
#6 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 11:52 AM

Please do not hate me for -------->
OMG......... How much do you sound like me.. I agree.. let her have her fun,and worry about the mess later. Especially about her being occupied. This was a good laugh.
We've had some doozies here, the plugged toilet being one of them.. that I let go for an hr, I had too have a good cry, and re group before tackling that one...:
#7 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Missy, exactly! It kept her busy long enough for me to actually sit still and breathe. We got about 80% of the popcorn up last night, so at least it's not sticking to my feet and being tracked around the house today.

Right now I'm thanking Sesame Street for an hour of quiet too. Thankfully she doesn't have any interest in the toilets *oh please don't get interested in teh toilets!*

My dh has a shoebox of coins from emptying his pockets, and he has yet to put it somewhere she can't reach, even though each day I ask and gently remind him that I won't pick the money up when she realizes it's there and how to get the lid off... at least the popcorn came up with the vac, the money he'll be crawling on hands and knees for a while to clean up!

#8 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 02:12 PM

I totally relate having 3 at home to deal with. They have been driving me crazy the past 2 days to the point that I have had to break down and have a good cry a few times. They are trashing our tiny little apt constantly and I just can't keep up. I am so tired! I took them to McDs last night to get some energy out since it is pretty cold out. They certainly didn't deserve it but we needed a break!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#9 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 02:37 PM

I feel like a bad mommy 'cause I'm too tired to carry my 9 month old everywhere, and she can't sit unassisted or crawl. She gets mad from being in one position for too long, but I'm too tired/sore/immobile to relieve her as soon as she fusses.

Good grief I'm exhausted!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#10 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 03:02 PM

trade ya!

my 4.5 year old is driving me insane!!

last night we had two huge fights over 1.) him dumping a box of packing popcorn all over the floor, stomping on it and then refusing to pick it up no matter what his father and i said to him. 2.) refusing to pick up a big pile of ma jong tiles he was playing with.

we practice GD and usually he is pretty good about requests to help and pick up. but nothing doing last night. then he refused to wash his hands after he pooped before he brushed his teeth. it took me 20 minutes to get. him. to. wash. his. hands. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#11 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 06:06 PM

Um yeah, lets just say there are rice krispies all over my floor because I didn't want to deal with the fight that would have resulted if I had. And it kept her really busy for a good hour.

Now it's nap time (THANK GOD FOR NAPS!!!!!!!!) so I'm ignoring it further. We'll vacuum later, even if it means dd will be huddled in fear on the couch (she really hates the vacuum!)

Also, why is it that now that I'm 36wks pregnant and she's finally gaining weight (she was "stuck" at 25lbs from 9months to 24months, she's now almost 26months and 29lbs) she decides to freak out and need me to carry her EVERYWHERE! My back is killing me!

Mama of three.

#12 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 06:18 PM

yeah, my son who has been sick, had a screaming melt down the other day because i couldn't pick him and carry him downstairs.... he weighs 46 pounds!!

he is certainly wanting me to baby him right now...... :

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#13 of 13 Old 01-24-2007, 07:13 PM

Was it a full moon yesterday or something? We had everything everywhere and no naps, and I felt like every interaction I had with my 2 yr old all day was negative. And we still have at least another month, if not two, of really cold winter here. : :

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page