False labor and a trip to L&D - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-24-2007, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, at 7 last night I started getting contractions every 10 minutes. They weren't painful, so I decided to lay down for the rest of the night to see if they would go away. I fell asleep around 9 and was woken up at midnight with contractions that were 6 minutes apart and more painful. After discussing things with the mw, we went to the hospital. I had an NST and the mw checked to see if I was dilating. I wasn't, but the baby is engaged and I'm 50% effaced. Contractions ended up slowing back down, so they sent me home. I'm still having contractions but they aren't painful or close together. I'm hoping this one stays for at least another week, so that I can have a waterbirth. At the same time I don't want to have contractions all day everyday for the next week. We are all exhausted today; having been up from midnight until 4:30 this morning.

On a positive note, I fell in love with the hospital. They were fantastic!! The best part of the whole night was how well dd handled being away from mommy and daddy. She didn't cry once and actually had a great time at our friends house. : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-24-2007, 01:46 PM

amy, sounds like a great dress rehearsal for the birth! i hope your contractions calm down and you can get some rest.
#3 of 5 Old 01-24-2007, 02:20 PM

That's great about the hospital. I felt the same way after going in for an NST a few weeks ago. It's nice to feel comfortable where you're birthing.

Stay in baby vibes for one more week!

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#4 of 5 Old 01-24-2007, 08:19 PM

I am glad that everything is going well. I am also glad your DD had a *test run* for when you really are in labor.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#5 of 5 Old 01-24-2007, 10:27 PM

Glad things have somewhat settled down for you. Hope you get to have your waterbirth!

I'm actually fighting contractions again. And while I'm okay to deliver at home now that I'm almost 37 weeks, I don't have my pool yet and I'm just not ready. So, I'm really hoping this baby settles down for another week or two!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page