Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   February 2007 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/362-february-2007/)
-   -   Saw him in a dream (http://www.mothering.com/forum/362-february-2007/603027-saw-him-dream.html)

dooney 01-25-2007 04:39 PM

You know the song "You are my sunshine"?
I played it for the daycare kids yesterday. There's a part that goes
"The other night, Dear
as I was sleeping
I dreamed I held you
in my arms.
When I awoke, Dear
you were not with me
so I hung my head
and cried."
Last night I dreamed that I had Kalten with me. I didn't dream about his birth, just that he had been born. I saw his face, and he was so beautiful and smiling. I was so happy that I was carrying him everywhere, showing everyone, even though I knew that I should be resting and recovering. (I was even looking forward to making a post on this board!)
Then I woke up and he wasn't here, and I was so sad. I thought of that song, and I pulled out my notebook I use to write him letters, and I told him all about it.
Then I remembered that today is Thursday and there are only four weeks until our due date, so it wasn't so bad. I'm getting impatient.

mom2mimi 01-25-2007 04:50 PM

Awwww, that's the song I sing my son as he goes to bed every night. Although I have to mix it up after awhile..."You are my firetruck, my only firetruck"

Don't worry, he'll be here before you know it!

dooney 01-25-2007 05:07 PM

My mom used to sing it to me all the time. I always thought it sounded sad, and that was before I knew of the second verse.
"You are my firetruck," that's cute!

timneh_mom 01-25-2007 06:32 PM

That's so sweet!! that you felt so sad though!! It really won't be long now for any of us!

I had one dream about a baby girl with dark hair and eyes, and I was nursing her. That's really the only baby dream I have had at all this time. My son is blond like me with blue eyes so I'm anxious to see what she looks like!

Celine Dion (I'm not really a big fan of hers but wanted the lullabys and I love Anne Geddes) made a book with Anne Geddes the year DS was born, there is a CD too of lullabys she recorded. The song "The first time ever I saw your face" still chokes me up, every time I think of the song and the words, I remember the first time I saw DS's face and crap, I'm bawling right now! (Where is the sniffle smiley?)

lanielayne 01-26-2007 05:14 AM

That is the song I used to sing to my son Liam when he was nursing which was like 4 years ago. He asked me recently to sing it to him again over and over and over. He started crying and now he says he doesn't want me to sing it anymore because it makes him sad! If I had known beforehand I wouldn't have picked that as "his song"!