how much longer. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
still having contractions 10 min apart... i've never went into labor naturally so how long will this last! it's been over 24 hrs so far. i don't think i'm dilating anymore (no bloody show yet) contractions aren't any more intense. i'm going to try having some sex tonight, hopefully that gets things rolling a little faster. any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jarrod & Nataleigh Est. 2004
DD Jayde 2005
DS William 2007
DD Lilleigh 2008
DS Edward 2010
DS Mikah 2012
Due July 2013
#2 of 8 Old 01-26-2007, 12:06 AM

Early labor can go on for quite a while... hopefully Yonit will be on soon and she can help you out a little more! (Or someone else who has some experience with this!) Have you tried maybe a little wine, a shower, eating, drinking, walking? Sometimes you can have contractions for days (I'm sorry!) but keep in mind that they are helping your body get more ready, and helping the baby get more ready too - they help the baby get into the right position for birth. Are you getting plenty of rest?
#3 of 8 Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 AM

Definitely sounds like predromal labor. Get as MUCH rest as you are able too. Sometimes this type of early labor wears moms out, but not always

Keep rested, eat & have some hot monkey sex Keep us posted on how things are going too!!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#4 of 8 Old 01-26-2007, 05:01 AM

The best thing you can do is relax like the PPs said. Take it easy and enjoy these last times with your baby on the inside!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#5 of 8 Old 01-26-2007, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been having all this prodromal labor too - it's making me nuts. Didn't have any the first time around. For the last 4 nights I've been having a sort of early labor between 3 and 6am, lol. Buts lots of show for me, and it seems like I have a hind leak. I keep gushing here and there, soaking pads, and I'm starting to get grossed out, lol. So waiting to hear what suggestions you get to move things along! Sex is out for me because I don't want to go putting anything up there with the leaking.
#6 of 8 Old 01-26-2007, 11:26 AM

lots here too, the purpose of it is to help get baby into the best position for birth. so sitting on a birth ball, on hands and knees with pelvic tilts, lunging, walking, going up and down the stairs.... etc.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#7 of 8 Old 01-26-2007, 03:17 PM

I second that this stuff can carry on for quite awhile. Oddly enough for me, I went over about a week with every baby that I did this with. Labor was preceeded by days of rather strong, can't sleep through them type contractions. Accompanied with lots of mucous plug. On the other hand my only pregnancy that I went early with, although it was by just a day, I didn't have any signs whatsover before hand. I didn't even notice my BH that pregnancy, but when I went into labor it was really fast without any notice. No warming up whatsoever. He was born breech, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. But then he didn't flip breech until the last week.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#8 of 8 Old 01-27-2007, 07:18 PM

I had the three/four day labor with baby 4 and baby 6. Not fun at all. It did make me so tired out! I think I'm heading that way again but it's hard to tell. I have a UTI so that can make the contractions happen more often and more painful even though they're not "real". I'm going to try and drink a glass of wine tonight. I have so long to go still (11 days till due date but seems like FOREVER!).

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page