Interesting appointment - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-26-2007, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, since November I've been showing protiens in my urine. No signs of pre-eclampsia and baby is growing well. Since then, I've been trying to up my protien intake and even started eating those SlimFash High Protien bars (since they have 15g vs 8g of the other brand and one flavor doesn't have nuts, which dd is allergic to.) Around the time I started eating those, my dd broke out in a HUGE eczema rash. ALL OVER. And she started to get sick (just a cold, but it lasted from right before Christmas to this week!) Anyways, this past Monday we finally got in to see the allergist. Her appt was actually scheduled for March 1, but they had a cancellation. So they do the skin test and the only thing that comes back positive is soy? Um, ok. It's a 9 out of 10 too! Of course the protien bars are made out of soy. So I stopped eating them. Dd doesn't seem to react when I eat a little soy, but a lot and she's all rashy.

I go in today expecting my protien to be showing again because I haven't been able to eat the protien bars and I'm really not hungry at all, let alone for protien (I'm doing great on carbs though ) Turns out I'm NEGATIVE for protien. I did a little happy dance when I saw that! Also, I gained 5lbs! My midwife was VERY impressed. Now I just have to keep it up until this babe is born and when s/he is, I'll do away with all soy so dd will be rash free and hopefully sleep though the night (frequent night waking can be a sign of an allergy.)

Mama of three.

#2 of 3 Old 01-26-2007, 11:39 PM

I'm glad you are doing well but the soy allergy stinks!!! Soy is in EVERYTHING!! I hope you can get the elimination diet straightened out quickly and easily though... and hope you keep doing so well!
#3 of 3 Old 01-27-2007, 02:05 AM

wow. good luck eliminating soy. i know it's hard to find stuff without it in it. i was on a soy/dairy/wheat free diet to help treat my endo and it was a nightmare trying to find food at times

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page