Feeling down... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-06-2007, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Normally I just lurk here but I feel like I need a couple hugs today and those regular expecting boards are just not my thing.

I'm 37 weeks today. Baby has be in every possible position for the entire pg but for the last 5 days has stayed breech. I'm so not happy. I know there are a few dr's here who will do a vag. breech birth but it is just so much more complicated than the homebirth that I really want. Plus, the other three really want to watch but there's no way they'd be allowed in a del. room at the hospital. I know the baby could still turn but the closer I get to term, the less confident I am. I am doing all the tricks for breech that I can think of (except the ironing board thing since I can't breathe while on my back) but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Then, to add to that, I went to my family dr today suspecting bronchitis. Sure enough, that's what I have so now I'm on antibiotics. I've thought it might be bronchitis since the weekend but hoped it would clear up on it's own but this morning I woke up coughing up blood. Sigh.

I just feel like everything is against me today. Pity party day, hormonal day, whatever - it just sucks!!

Thanks for listening.
#2 of 11 Old 02-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Have you tried the pressure points on your pinky toes?
#3 of 11 Old 02-06-2007, 08:13 PM

I'm sorry you are having a bad day, I understand how much harder the end is when you've got extra stress!! I have pity party days too, today is one of them for me as well.

Haven't had to deal with a breech baby but a friend of mine, her daughter was breech until the last 2 weeks, she turned herself. I'm sorry you are in this situation! It must be really hard.

Lurker or not, we all need someone to listen to us sometimes
#4 of 11 Old 02-06-2007, 10:17 PM

Babies can, and do, turn even during labor. There is still hope mama. Can your midwife not attend a breech at home?
#5 of 11 Old 02-06-2007, 10:25 PM

That;s ahame there's so much added stress on you right now. I truly hope your baby turns around for you and you get the birth you have been wanting all along.
#6 of 11 Old 02-06-2007, 11:01 PM

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#7 of 11 Old 02-06-2007, 11:12 PM

I am 34 weeks and I also found out today that my baby is breech and I may have a UTI. I know how you feel and I am very sorry.

Happily married Cajun transplanted to the Swiss hills.Mommy to two beautiful boys Louis Jean 03-07-07 and Elliot Millard 05-12-09
#8 of 11 Old 02-07-2007, 10:17 AM

Hoping the baby turns for you and that you have a better day today!
#9 of 11 Old 02-07-2007, 11:34 AM

I have no experience with breech babies (or any, for that matter, since I'm on my first), but BF's first daughter was breech until a couple days before her birth. Her mom went to see this person who did moxibustion (I think that is what it is called) and she credits that for turning the baby. I don't really know that much about it, but she swears by it. Might be something to research.

love.gif

#10 of 11 Old 02-07-2007, 12:58 PM

I feel for you mama! Both of my babies were breech. Luckily this one was easily turned with a version. But with my first baby, I tried every turning trick under the sun. I remember what it is like to get so close and feel stuck.

I second the pps question about a breech homebirth. Is your midwife experienced in breech birth?

Maybe when your bronchitis has subsided the answer you are looking for will be easier to find. Good luck to you! Feel better soon.
#11 of 11 Old 02-07-2007, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!

Health-wise, I'm feeling better today - my chest is not burning as much etc...

As for the breech birth - while I'm thankful that our midwives are covered under our provincial health care plan (and homebirths too!) it also means that they have strict guidelines under which they can practice. So no, midwives here cannot attend breech homebirths - I don't know what would happen if a precipitous labour were to be breech as they show up (thinking crowning bum as they walk through the door) - they'd probably have to call the EMTs for a hospital transfer.

I think the weather has me down as well - we've been under a windchill warning for over a week and a half and today we're hovering around the -40 point. So getting out isn't even a fun prospect when your coat and boots don't fit anymore!

I think I'll ask my midwife about accupuncture/accupressure when she comes on Friday. We're holding off on a version for now because the baby moves so much - I don't think it would stick. But then it's been stuck in this breech position for almost a week now, so who knows.

But like I said, thanks so much for the support. That helps me feel better ) I should be more active here, I bet I'd feel better!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page